𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

Jeongguk stood in front of the lawn mower, hands on his hips as he turned his head to give Taehyung a mixtured look of disgust and exasperation. The older simply rolled his eyes at the other's unwillingness to comply with his suggestion. The garden of the Jeon residence was a total mess; the grass was overgrown and the potted plants were all dead. It was time that someone did something about it. 

"C'mon Jeongguk," The brunette urged, slightly pushing the taller to the side so that Taehyung was now grabbing onto the mower. "Fine, I'll do it." He muttered before pressing down on the gear button so that the machine roared to life. 

It was an older version that Taehyung had found in his parent's garage since they had some new fancy mower that moved on its own. The ravenette huffed in frustration before catching up to a speedy Taehyung, before grabbing onto the mower as well. 

"Give it to me." He demanded almost in a child-like manner. The older was a little shocked by his sudden appearance, but his grip on the machine remained secure as he didn't want it to run off on its own. "I said, give it!" Jeongguk was now attempting to scoot Taehyung out of the way, but he resisted so the whole situation was turning into a little competition over the lawn mower. 

It was honestly ridiculous.

"Jeongguk! Let go!" Taehyung argued as the continued to walk forward, hips bumping into each other awkwardly. 

"No, you let go!" The younger said defensively. More grumbling and demands were exchanged between the two until Taehyung raised his head and noticed that the two of them were heading straight towards the white fence which separated their two residences. 

"Watch out!" He exclaimed, causing Jeongguk to look up so that he became aware of their current dilemma. And then, like a pair of idiots, instead of just turning the machine off, the two of them shouted and started pulling the mower in opposite directions. 

Mind you, they weren't particularly going that fast.

In the end, the thing that saved them was when the extension cord to the mower popped out of the socket, causing the function of the machine to cease. 

They both stood there, a couple centimetres away from the fence. Just about avoiding a complete catastrophe. 

The boys eyed each other, slightly panting from all their shouting, until the corner of their lips twitched up and they couldn't contain their laughter. 

Taehyung playfully kicked the other's legs, both still giggling at their stupidity. Jeongguk dodged the older's hit, and when Taehyung attempted to do it again, it all ended up with him chasing the ravenette around the garden. 

They ran around for a while, laughing as the younger would taunt the other with his agility, but eventually they fell down on the grass in exhaustion.