𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔. 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘪𝘱𝘦𝘳.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

A week has passed since Jeongguk had left. Taehyung found himself at the top of the hill, which they had previously biked together to, looking out in the horizon as the intense sunlight warmed his skin. 

He had spent the entire week thinking. Reflecting. 

Seokjin dropped the charges against Jeongguk, meaning that the bail was paid back. The money that was given to his mother was enough money to return the amount of cash that Jeongguk had stolen from the cafe. 

When Taehyung found out about Jeongguk's confrontation with his mother, he had raced over to the house next door, only to be met with Yoonbin who said that the ravenette had left town. Yoonbin looked bitter, he had shoved past Taehyung by bumping him with his shoulder, while storming out the house. 

Though the brunette didn't care much for him, instead he felt how his heart had dropped down to the pit of his stomach, a gaping hole forming in his chest that felt like an empty void. 

He's been trying to fill that void by spending time with his old friends, rekindling old relationships and meeting people from high school by attending reunions. 

But at the end of the day, he found himself aimlessly biking around until he reached the top of the hill, watching the sun disappear behind the horizon before returning back home. 

He didn't speak much with his parents, and he was terribly behind on all his work. But there was no way he could concentrate. Every time he attempted to focus on his computer screen, his sight would become corrupted by the vision of two ebony irises that would glimmer with uncertainty when looking at him. 

The hole in his chest would only stretch and spread as he would recall every moment that him and Jeongguk had spent together, and he almost felt his entire being beginning to consume him. 

Apparently, this happens often. Whenever Jeongguk feels cornered, he disappears for a few weeks until showing up again like nothing had happened. No one knows what he does on his trips, they all just assume that he's partying it up somewhere else. 

Taehyung didn't know what to think. He only continued to feel the tight squeeze around his shallow heart, and how all the surrounding sounds would be drowned out by a deafening silence. 

He started to think of the past. There was a time where Jeongguk was like his younger brother, but when he looks back at it, he recalls all the moments when the younger's affection was so painfully obvious. Yet Taehyung failed to realise it. 

It must have been painful for him to suppress those feelings. Every time Taehyung was with someone else, every time he treated him like a little kid, those moments must've all been painful. 

It's almost ironic how the tables had turned. 

Despite the longing for Jeongguk that he carried within, he just wanted the younger to be happy.  He just didn't know if Jeongguk's happiness included him.