𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉. 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘦.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

Taehyung's chest was heaving as he finally arrived at the hospital lobby. He clambered to the front desk, huffed out his name and who he was here to visit. The receptionist calmly stated the room number while pointing down the hall. Taehyung quickly thanked him before dashing off, body sweaty from both fear and movement.

While he was skidding around a corner, the young man had to swerve himself to avoid crashing into an elderly pair. Taehyung almost slammed himself into the wall, eyes wide from shock. He was about to splurt out an apology until he seemed to recognize the familiar faces from somewhere.

"Kim Taehyung?" The older man whispered, wrinkled eyes spread in surprise. The brunette bowed in both greeting and in apology, wondering who these people were as they obviously knew of him.

"I'm sorry, I'm in a rush to see someone." He blabbered, mind only really concerned about a certain ravenette who plagued his thoughts. The young male was about to turn and continue running down the hall, but the soft grip around his hands stopped him.

"You are here to see Jeongguk, yes?" The woman croaked, her voice hoarse from what sounded like crying. "We just saw him."

The gears in Taehyung's head clicked as he examined the two in front of him. Jeongguk's grandparents. He's met them once or twice before, a long time ago.

"Y-Yeah." He exhaled, heart still racing and fingers jittery from anxiety.

"Could we speak with you?" The woman carefully asks, tone brittle as fragility shined in her orbs. "Before you see him? I promise you, he is okay."

Although Taehyung wanted to refuse—because his entire being burned with uncertainty and uneasiness until he could see with his own two eyes that the younger was alright—he gave a weak nod instead.

⛓️ ⛓️ ⛓️

"You're pathetic." Yoonbin spat at the younger male, who was sitting upright on the hospital bed. "You told me this shit wouldn't happen again, well look where we fucking are." He hissed, fists clenching in rage as he shoved a hand through his disheveled locks. Jeongguk sighed, it had been less than a few hours since he awoke with a pounding headache and he's already got to deal with a moody Yoonbin. The ravenette just wanted to sleep, all this commotion was annoying him. He was tired.

"You said you could handle it, you said you had control over it!" Yoonbin raised his voice, arms waving around as he continued to rage in distress. "Do you have any idea about how many times I have covered your ass? Paid your hospital bills? No, you have no fucking clue. I am so done with you, so done with this shit!"

The smaller's chest was heaving at the end of his tantrum. But after hearing another sigh emitting from the Jeongguk's lips, he whipped his head around to face him.