𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀. 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.

∞

2020. kth - 23. jjk - 18.

There was no one else standing in the small cemetery, but nearly all the graves were prettily decorated with flower arrangements and polished memorial stones. 

Taehyung frowned when seeing the state of Jeongguk's parents resting place. The plants were overgrown, or dead, and some moss has started to creep onto the letters carved into the stone. The brunette side-glanced at Jeongguk, who was passively staring down at the two names etched into the markings. 

Hesitantly, the older reached out and brushed his fingers against the other's. A small breath got hitched in his throat when he felt how Jeongguk slowly intertwined their hands together. There was a heavy silence that followed, their gazes stuck at the small gravestone.

"I can't even afford the cemetery gardener." Jeongguk finally spoke, he released his grip around Taehyung's hand to step forward and crouch down. The younger gently brushed away some fallen leaves which were covering the dates of birth and passing. "I barely even come here." 

Taehyung could feel Jeongguk's guilt cloud the atmosphere, his tensed body sat still as his eyes followed the lines of his parents' names. The air felt heavy, it was filled with loss and grief. Taehyung could practically feel all of Jeongguk's demons hovering over him.

Not knowing what to do, or what was the right thing to do, Taehyung quickly told Jeongguk that he would be return soon, before turning around and hastily walked down the dirt path. 

Jeongguk smiled bitterly down towards the ground. Of course Taehyung left. The sight of him was probably so pathetic that he felt terribly awkward. He shouldn't have brought him here, Taehyung has nothing to do with his parents death. 

God, he shouldn't even have come here. What was the point? Just looking at how miserable his parents' resting place was— reminded him how much of a fucking loser he is.

His dad is probably so disappointed in him. He can't even look at their names, it made the pit of his stomach churn and for his collar to feel too tight. Jeongguk's fingers tugged down his shirt, just to make it easier to breathe. 

He felt a presence behind him, but he didn't want to turn around. Every time that he did, he saw her.

He saw her battered white dress which was stained by the blood that spilled from her own mouth. He saw the rope looped around her neck, and how it looked so heavy as it hung down against her shoulder. He saw her eyes, those eyes—

A hand was placed on Jeongguk's shoulder which made him flinch so badly that he practically jumped away. He was suddenly aware of his erratic heartbeat and harsh breathing. However, as he raised his eyes he was only met with Taehyung's concerned-looking ones.

And a beautiful floral bouquet in his hand. 

Jeongguk's shoulders were still heaving along with his breaths, but he was slowly calming down as he watched how carefully Taehyung set down the flowers before approaching him. Before he knew it, a pair of strong arms pulled him in, making his trembling body collide with a comforting, radiating, warmth.