{ three }

🥀🥀🥀

🥀🥀🥀

"Hey, rona band karo. You know it upsets me if you cry." He handed her another tissue, running a hand through his wet hair, which were sticking on his forehead, the sticky strands falling back over his eyes, the scar on his forehead peeking from the middle.

Abuzar had found her sitting infront of the same cafe, shaking like a leaf as the rain continued to drench her freely. Draping his jacket over her quivering figure, he guided her towards the bench under the shed outside the convenience store.

He was crouching down infront of her, just like the first time they had met. His eyes darted towards her swollen cheek, as his jaw ticked.

"It's going to be okay now. I'm here." He stopped his hand from reaching out to touch her cheek, feeling anger rush through his veins. Who must've hit her? That evil bhootni?

Soon after sometime, she had stopped crying as she narrated the whole scene to him, as he listened in disbelief.
The audacity of that man-

"I'm sorry you had to go through this. But don't you worry or plot something absurd. You know this is our last year and soon after completing your bachelors you can become an independent woman pursuing your dreams and go away from this hell of a place you've been surviving in till now like the strong warrior you are." He tried cheering her up showing a bright overlook of the future, which is always unexpected, as he succeeded in making her feel a positive hope once again.

He was right. She didn't have to nor was going to live there forever. She'll go far away from this place, from these people, who actually never cared for her.

Abuzar came back to her with a cup of warm coffee, as the rain had now long stopped, leaving it's fragrance to fill in the air. Her legs were still shaking, as she hugged his jacket closer, her wet hair strands peeping out from some places near the collar.

"Here. Be careful." He cautiously handed the hot cup to her as her brows furrowed.

"No ice-cream today?" She held the cup peeking her hand out of the jacket.

"Are you in your senses? Thand se kaamp rahi ho, 'no ice-cream today'!" He huffed out, giving her an irked look, copying her words. Yeah, it had become like a tradition for them to eat ice cream whenever they would come here together just like the first time they met here.

Sipping on the warm coffee helped her feel less cold, as she finally felt better again. She looked to the side, where he was sitting silently staring at the dark sky, just wearing his black polo shirt. Wasn't he cold?

Her fixated gaze on him made his eyeballs roll in her direction, as he raised a brow at her. "What?"

"Thank you for always understanding me. You never judged me and accepted me as I am. And your open mindedness and compassionate heart always comforts me." She let her heart speak today, wanting to thank him for always being on her side whenever she needed him.