{ four }

🥀🥀🥀

🥀🥀🥀

Amarra bit on her lip, the awkwardness killing her on the inside as she walked on the grass step by step with the woman, who was supposedly his mom according to the early morning encounter.

Abuzar had disappeared as soon as their class had ended and she'd noticed him being in deep thoughts and slightly shaken up by the woman's appearance. Walking out of the building, she had met the woman standing by the gates who had passed a knowing smile to Amarra and that's how they ended up walking to the rose garden park together.

"So, you've known him since 3 years you say?" The woman began once again as Amarra nodded.

"He never really talked about his family or anyone. So are you, not to sound rude, but his biological mother or just an Amma who raised him up?"
Amarra finally asked the question which irked her ever since the morning.

The woman stopped by near the roses, as she looked at them with fondness.
"He never talked about me?" Her smile faded. "I am his biological mother, dear."

"Oh." Amarra felt her head swirl around once again, she didn't know if she should believe in this woman's words or the words which Abuzar had told her.

"Do you know why he referred to me as dead?" The woman questioned, picking one of the roses out.
She knows? "No.."

"He's always going to be delicate like this..."She stared at the rose as if referring him to it, "Plus he's got his looks from me." She suddenly switched the topic to his looks.

He does? I can't really tell....
Amarra gave the woman a puzzled look.

"He's like a rose, beautifully grown and delicate, but if you look carefully, something more...something deeper is inside." She said holding the rose in her hand. Amarra stood there still confused.

"Something more?" She murmured staring at the rose as well.

"Even though the rose is beautiful, you can see the thorns it grew to protect itself, but it's unaware of what hurts itself. Blinded by thinking that all the past is aware to him and shall be kept inside. But not actually knowing it'll kill him in the inside..." She continued grazing her hand over the thorn. Amarra didn't understand what she was saying or who was she referring to?

"What is that supposed to mean?" She was never good with these round theories and she just wanted her to come to the point.

"He had a very rough past. His childhood would probably sound like a nightmare..." The thorn prickled the woman's finger as she watched the blood ooze out of it without even hissing. Amarra, not finding any other source to stop it, broke a rose petal out of the rose in her hand, covering the cut with it.

"He looks absolutely fine and happy though..." she wondered out loud as she'd never seen Abuzar out of place or ordinary but only as a positive soul. That's what she loved about him, how he was always so energetic and positive in any situation and how he always helped her out without wanting anything in return. Sometimes she did think, how she was so emotionally dependant on him whenever she would face breakdowns, but what about him? Didn't he ever face anything painful, maybe his life was so full of positivity that he never needed any support. But was she wrong? Did he always wear a mask to hide it from her?