< O >

⍟⍟⍟

⍟⍟⍟

Do not lose hope,
please believe that there are a thousand beautiful things waiting for you. Sunshine comes to all who feel rain!

★━━──━━★

"Affan beta." Her mother interfered into their heated stare contest by calling him out sweetly. Nimra snapped her head towards her mother, confusion visible on her face.

"Assalam-u-alaikum Aunty." Affan quickly stepped her way as she hugged him and placed a peck on his bent head while ruffling his hair, replying to his greeting. By now, the grey eyed girl had her mouth hung open in utter shock.

"Mumma? You know this fl-" she paused licking her lips, that was a close slip, "...guy?" Affan looked her way, his brown eyes had a glint of hurt with a sort of passion hidden inside them. Her mother patted his back, with a weak smile, knowing how he must be feeling.

"Oh yes. I forgot to tell you earlier, he is a very close family friend's son. He's here for some very important business, so he'll stay with us for the while on my request." She smoothly made up a lie as Nimra eyed him again. Weird. Something's fishy.

"Ahan." She folded her arms, still staring at him with furrowed brows. Her mother, Zaqiya, walked her way nudging her arm to stop staring at him rudely. "When will this 'while' end mumma?" She whisper asked now turning away from his direction.

"Affan bache. You must be tired, you can go get some rest." Zaqiya ignored her question as Nimra's irritation further arose and her hatred towards the new guy too. Ab wo bacha ho gaya, aur mai?

"Jee aunty." He snapped out of his thoughts about her and went to grab his luggage, waiting for her to give him the directions to his room.

"Nimra, jao Affan ko wo vacant master bedroom tak chor ao." Her mother ordered as Nimra's eyes grew bigger in size. That was on the ground floor, as in their portion. It was just for their family, and the only vacant room was the master bedroom, right beside her room. She had always wished to move there but that was their grandparents' room so it was always kept empty and clean.

"KIA?" She shouted in disbelief. "Yeh larka wahan kyun rahe ga? Guest room mai kyun nahi? Yeh kia baat hui?" She questioned with creased forehead. Itna VIP treatment?

"Nimra." Her mother said in a warning tone, "Jao shabash." She pointed at her with her gaze as Nimra walked out of the reception desk, scowling. Affan stared at the floor, hiding away from her blank stare as she remarked a very unwelcoming, "Chalein!" And started walking ahead.

With a heavy heart, she led him inside her favourite room, cursing him on the inside. Not knowing how his heart was already feeling heavier as the thought of hugging her once, staring into her grey eyes for the same love and affection, to hear her laugh like the old days again, the most precious laugh it was for him, kept bugging his heart. How he had been holding back his urge ever since.