☀︎︎ one o'clock ☀︎︎

❀❀❀

❀❀❀

"Are you wearing these? The golden-red ones would look better." He pointed at the earrings placed on the dressing table among the mess of jewellery and make-up she had created deciding on what to choose while getting ready.

They were long golden jhumkas with red beads attached to them. While the ones in her hand were simple, a large red stone in the middle with thin silver linings on it's corners.

"Do these look bad?" She paused, holding one piece in her hand, while staring at the one already in her ear in the mirror.

"Kind of. They don't match." He simply stated, eyeing her dress. She was wearing a red kurta with trousers, and the kurta had golden linings at the bottom. He was right. Her focus was on making everything red, she didn't notice the tiny detail.

It was Sunday, the next day to their first coffee day out, she was glad he took it off unlike the first week of their marriage. Although, there was a reason behind it. A huge one.

They were going on a family dinner. Maha, being a big talker who couldn't keep anything to herself, had already told Zuha their was a special announcement going to be made at the dinner by her parents.

They had decided to move out with Maha to Liverpool, UK. She'd complete her studies from her chosen university, and her parents would settle there to be relieved of their daughter's safety and health. She was their only daughter, and they could not have her that far away out of sight for that long. Too attached with each other, Zuha could tell even Maha wouldn't be able to survive without her parents.

But if they all moved out, the only thought she had was, she'd be left all alone here and be bored as hell. Her husband was yet non-existent in her life. The only reason she had survived the week was because of spending time with her mother-in-law, chit chatting with Maha and watching movies with her. But if they'd be gone, what would she do in the empty house? She had no idea.

She had thought they'd move after some time, a month later maybe, but then again, her life was full of surprises and nothing was ever normal. They were moving in two days. Freaking two days! It wasn't even shocking for her anymore. Life had been playing games with her since her marriage day and they weren't fun games, but more of mocking ones.

It was definitely going to be a surprise for the son of the house aka her husband though. Since he was so absorbed in his busy hospital life, he had no idea what grade his sister was in, according to her very own words. "He was shocked to find out I was graduating from college when I told him to make sure he shows up to my graduation unless he wants his head shaved off." Maha had told her. "Do you know what he replied with his eyes bulging out in shock? When did you get into college? I thought you're still in like 8th grade, chotu?"