☀︎︎ three o'clock ☀︎︎

❀❀❀

❀❀❀

"It's been 18 hours, sir. I've been checking up on her every hour." The nurse informed handing the updates file to Momin. The IV drip was attached to her arm, refilled by the nurse.

"Okay, you may leave." He glanced at the file then at Zuha, still laying on the hospital bed, unconscious. Thankfully, there were no injuries to the legs. The abdominal surgery was going to take 4-6 weeks to heal, but she would have to be careful and not lift anything heavy for 3 months. The scratches on her arms and face were tended to by the nurse.

There was a bandage on the top left side of her forehead, she had gotten 3 stitches there. He was reminded of her old scar on the forehead he had noticed when she had visited him at the hospital for the first time.

He stood next to the bed, his hand moving up to move her hair backwards, his thumb caressing the old scar hidden there. He stared at her, his jaw clenching.

There was a knock on the door and he backed away. Eshal entered the room and he acknowledged her presence with a nod.

"Uncle and aunty are on their way." She informed.

"Oh okay. Make yourself comfortable." He pointed at the sofa. "I hope you had something to eat." He had asked Aneel to take care of that after her wound was disinfected. Surprisingly, he hadn't complained.

"Yes, thank you." A small part of her felt ashamed, she wanted to apologize to him. It felt like her fault that his wife, her best friend, was in this condition right now. She was the one driving, how could she not think that way.

Yet no one blamed her, none of them showed any sign of anger or remorse. Instead of saying "how could you be so careless when driving?", Zuha's parents had asked her if she was fine. If she had any injuries.

Momin nodded and made his way out of the ward with one glance at Zuha. He stepped out to find Aneel standing with his back to the wall outside, his arms folded over his chest, his foot crossed over the other.

"Now that was a first." He whistled watching Momin's expressionless face. He was so used to Aneel's antics, they didn't even confuse or shock him anymore.

"What?" He blinked.

"I've never seen The surgeon Momin's hands shake during a surgery before." Aneel covered his mouth with a hand, shaking his head. Momin sighed and started walking away, so done with him.

"Do you love her?" Aneel matched his footsteps, walking backwards beside him. Momin's step halted for a second, but he didn't spare his friend a look and kept walking ahead.

"I mean, you most certainly care for her well-being. You lost your mind, and my God, I swear I've never seen your face go pale like that. It's imprinted in my mind like the best meme now." He paced forward, walking ahead of Momin to face him and laughed out loud.