[13]

"Oh," I take a short breath, holding it in my lungs. "What about him?"

"I don't want to sound intrusive, and I don't want you to feel like you can't trust me after I tell you this," Alex says, dropping his voice even quieter. I can hear Julie, Luke, and Reggie all chattering downstairs, obviously not paying attention to me or Alex. "But I couldn't help but overhear you two earlier. In your room. I told him not to wake you up, but he never listens to me."

"It's fine, Alex," I smile. "I was already waking up."

"That's not what I really wanted to talk to you about though," he says. "What I really wanted to say, is that you should be careful."

"What do you mean?" I bring my eyebrows together.

"Luke is-" he pauses. "Emotional, for lack of a better term. He, very much, does things off of an instinct, a feeling. And he has a lot of those. Usually, he can turn them into songs, sort them out with music. But there are times where, he doesn't know how."

"What does this have to do with me?" I ask. "Not that I don't care, I'm just curious."

"Well," Alex smiles momentarily. "He's seemed to have grown very fond of you since we all met. I know that Reggie agrees, but he sees a chemistry between him and Julie. I can't deny they write great songs together, and their duets are great. But the way he looks at you. How he always wants to know where you are, what you're doing, it's... well, it's intense."

"So, what are you saying? Luke's got a crush on me?" I laugh. "Yeah, right."

"You really don't think so?" He asks. "Seriously think about it for a second, I-"

"You're wrong," I shake my head. "We're just getting to know each other, there's nothing romantic or crush-y about it. Look, guys like Luke, or just guys in general, just don't have crushes on me. It doesn't happen. It never has; it never will."

"But-"

"Alex," I cut him off. "Look, even if it could happen, it can't actually happen. You guys-" I stick my hand through Alex's arm. "Are dead, remember?"

A few moments of quiet pass between us and I decide to pick my sketchbook up and start drawing.

"We can still feel things, Dahlia," Alex leans over and whispers in my ear. "And I can tell that Luke feels something. Something good. And it's for you."

I turn my head, my eyes wide. Alex smiles before he poofs away from me again. Frustrated, I shake my head and go back to my drawing.

Alex is wrong. He has to be.

A.N.

Okay. This is so short it should have just been part of the other chapter.

But I honestly like this a lot better because the next chapter is going to be soo good!! (I have to admit that I already started working on it(: ...)

Hope this little chapter wasnt too short for you and it will allow for some hold over time before the next chapter gets up!

😘🦋💙✌

-Redd

^^^those emojis perfectly sum up so many things for me. I use them all the time and I hate myself for it.