[17]

"You're really not going to show me?" Tyler laughs.

I shake my head, holding my sketchbook against my chest.

"Come on, Dahlia," he laughs. "You can't tell me you spent the whole weekend drawing and then not show me any of them."

"Well, there's this one rose that I spent a lot of time on," I shrug. I open up my sketchbook, flipping through to try to find the right page. "Normally I do portraits so I figured maybe I should switch it up a bit."

"Wait, what was that?" He asks, sticking his hand on the page. I finish my flip, which is the page I was looking for.

"Probably nothing," I laugh. "See, there's the flower."

"Dahlia," Tyler smiles, grabbing my sketchbook with one hand.

"It's just a sketch," I laugh nervously. "It's probably nothing good."

"Yeah, I have a feeling," he take the sketchbook slowly out of my hands and turns back a page. "That you say that about a lot of your work."

He smiles kindly at me before looking at the drawing. "Wow."

"Okay, that's enough," I say quickly, reaching for my sketchbook. He moves faster than me and catches my hand.

"You're really good," Tyler says, looking back at me. "I mean, this is incredible. And they're just little drawings."

He holds the sketchbook up to me so I can properly see the page.

I feel my face turn bright red.

"Sorry," Tyler quickly says, dropping my hand and closing my sketchbook. "I didn't mean to be intrusive."

"It's okay," I say, taking my sketchbook from him. "I -uh- usually just don't show people my stuff."

"I don't know why," he shakes his head. "I mean, you're really good."

"Thank you," I blush again, though I can feel that only my ears turn bright red.

"I don't know who those guys are, but they're lucky to be your muses," Tyler tries to joke.

I laugh quietly, "Not really. They don't know I've drawn them. It's the gho-holograms from my sister's band."

"Oh yeah," he snaps his fingers. "I saw Flynn's post about their upcoming performance at the dance. That's pretty cool."

"Oh," I nod. Julie hadn't told me she and the boys would be performing at the dance. "Yeah."

The bell rings and Tyler groans. He rolls his eyes before putting his hand on the wall next to my head. "I wanted to talk to you about something, but now it will have to wait. I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Assuming we still have second hour together," I smile.

"And fourth," he says, walking backwards down the hallway. "Oh and seventh!"