[56]

^^ totally unrelated to the story. Thats just an Owen wallpaper I made for myself but I figured its too cute to keep to myself. So there you go❤

"Where am I?" I grumble, finally having my voice back. I'm obviously in a cage somewhere, I just can't figure out where. There's posters of Caleb all over and various suits in all sorts of different velvet and styles, mostly things that look like something stolen from a speakeasy in the 1920's.

Caleb glares at me, already fed up with my attitude.

"Do you happen to know a Mr. Jay Gatsby by chance?" I ask, glancing at the fancy clothes.

"I much preferred you when you were mute," Caleb replies, snapping his fingers. My vocal chords feel as if they are cut again. It burns to try to communicate. I quickly rest my hand against my throat.

"So," Caleb approaches my cage. "You're Dahlia? The other one's sister, I take it."

I pull my face away from his outstretched hand.

"Oh, no need to be sour," he pouts at me. "You're much pretty than the other one I saw."

I scowl, tightening my mouth.

"Though," Caleb retracts his hand, making a face. "You seem to have a bit more fire than the other one."

I go to shout something back at him. Something along the lines of "let me out of this cage and I'll show you fire", but the words don't come out.

"What was that, lovely?" Caleb puts his hand up to his ear. "I didn't catch that."

I shake my head and say, "You won't get the boys. They're stronger than you think."

But it's not use. I have no voice.

I cross my arms and sit down in my cage. I think. WWJD?

What would Julie do?

Oh God.

Julie.

*****
Julie's P.O.V.

There's a soft knock on my door. "Julie? I've got your roadie."

"Come in," I say, trying to keep my composure.

The door opens and Flynn walks in with a smile on her face. When the door closes again she shrieks. "I just ate sushi with Brendon Urie! Brendon Urie!"

"That's great Flynn," I smile.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"They aren't here," I answer. "They wouldn't blow me off again. They know how important this is."

"Look, maybe they're just lost," Flynn says, walking with me toward the couch.

"They were getting those jolts pretty bad as I was leaving," I say. "What if they didn't make it? What if we're too late?"

"Hey," Flynn rests her hands on mine. "Don't say that, okay? Dahlia was still with them when you left right?"

"Yeah, she rode with Victoria," I nod.

"Okay, great," Flynn smiles. "How about I go find your sister and ask her how the boys were doing when she left? Yeah?"

"Okay," I nod. Flynn gets off the couch and pats my head.

"They're gonna make it," she says, leaving the room. I stand up and start pacing.

It isn't until Flynn walks back in, a dark expression on her face that my heart stops racing.

"Flynn," I grab her shoulders. "Flynn, what is it?"

My dad quickly runs into the room, following a backstage crew member.

"Julie," he says, grabbing my arm. "Dahlia wasn't at the house when Tia went to pick her up."

"That - that doesn't make any sense," I shake my head. "She was there before I left, I-I don't understand."

"The studio was turned upside down when Victoria got there," Dad continues. His voice breaks as he holds my shoulders and says, "Mija, your sister is missing."

*****
Luke's P.O.V.

"We're here, Caleb!" I shout, slamming the spare instruments around in the room we're in. It's somewhere offstage, somewhere I'm hoping to find Caleb. "Come and get us!"

"Oh, Lucas," Caleb laughs. I spin around searching for him. "You silly love stricken boy."

"Give us Dahlia," I demand.

"It doesn't work that way, sweet thing," Caleb says, appearing behind me. I spin around and face him, only standing inches away. "You made a deal with the devil, darling."

"You bastard!" Alex shouts, throwing himself at Caleb. He waves his hand and Alex flies across the room, landing among some instrument cases.

"Oh," Caleb winces. "That look like it hurt."

"Just let her go," Reggie says.

Caleb looks him up and down before snapping his fingers. Reggie shoots upward, hitting a light on the ceiling. He smiles and he bends his fingers and the light and ceiling tiles curl around Reggie's body. He looks over at Alex, who is recovering from his crash into the cases.

"Stop," I say. Caleb winks at me before snapping his fingers again. I hear Reggie groan as his restraints tighten around him. I hear Alex shout.

The wires in the floor break through and grab his ankles and wrists. He gets trapped on his knees, his hands and feet tied together.

"Luke! Help me!" He shouts before one of the wires goes over his mouth, cutting him off.

"Alex," I say before Caleb cuts me off.

"You want the girl?" He snaps his fingers again and Dahlia appears next to him.

"Luke, don't-" She yells, before getting cut off by Caleb's awful mute trick. She takes a step toward me before Caleb rolls his eyes and chains appear around her wrists and ankles.

"You want to save your friends?" Caleb continues. "Don't you Luke?"

I close my eyes, taking deep breaths.

"Well, son?" Caleb asks.

I open my eyes and stare him down.

"I think it's time to make a deal Caleb."

A.N.

Hehe

-Redd

💀✌🦋😘❄😳🐍😎🏳️‍🌈🤠🥁