[27]

Tyler's P.O.V.

I shift my weight to the hand that's not behind Dahlia. The quickly look away and scrunch my face up. Stupid. Stupid.

Why would I ask her about something that personal? Especially something that's obviously upsetting to her. Stupid!

"You okay, Ty?" She asks, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Uh - yeah," I choke. I can feel my face turn beet red. Ty. I like that.

"I didn't make you uncomfortable, did I?" Dahlia asks, her eyebrows pulling together.

"No," I shake my head. "No, you didn't."

"Good," she smiles, the rest of her face relaxing. She's so beautiful.

"I really want to kiss you right now," I admit unconsciously. I feel my face turn red again before I add, "But I know that it's too soon and that's weird. I don't even know why I said that. Let's just forget I said anything. Yeah, that sounds good."

"Tyler," Dahlia laughs. "It's okay."

An awkward laugh escapes me and I cringe at the sound. Dahlia blushes before leaning over and planting a kiss on my cheek. I feel more blood rush to my cheeks. Another awkward laugh escapes me and I fight the urge to smack myself.

"We should probably go back inside," I say.

"Okay," Dahlia nods. I get up and hold out my hand to her. She takes it and gets to her feet. Even for how small she is, she still feels surprisingly light. "Thanks."

We start walking back to the house together as Dahlia hesitantly interlocks her fingers with mine. I quickly close my hand around hers, not wanting to miss this chance.

Her hand is warm and it fits it mine perfectly. I smile to myself when I see her ears turn bright red.

She's...

*****
Luke's P.O.V.

... adorable.

How cute is that? It's Tyler effing Marks. The popular guy who went and asked Dahlia to the school dance. She didn't even know he was into her and now suddenly she's all over him.

That is right on the edge of great.

This would have never happened if Julie would've just kept her mouth shut. But no. She just had to tell Dahl that this Tiger kid likes her.

That should be me.

Not that it matters. It's not like it can be me. I'm just the pouty dead guy who plays the guitar.

I watch Dahlia and Tyler walk back into the house, never dropping each other's hands. I wish I was alive, then I could vomit. I poof in front of the Orpheum just to get away from the whole scene.

It's like she forgot the conversation we had last night. Had I not made it obvious the way I feel about her? Had I really misjudged how blind the girl really is? Or would she just pretend it didn't happen, pretend I didn't exist? Because really, I don't. I'm made of air, literally no material. I'm not even a floating head. I'm just floating nothingness.

I get a drumming feeling in my chest, even though I know there isn't a beating heart in my chest. I reach down and put my hand over it.

Can ghosts feel pain?

A.N.

Heyo!

Yeah👉👈 I wrote another one.

I'm just gonna pull an all nighter ig. Why not right?

Jeez🤪 I'm crazy mkay

Ily✌

-Redd

^^PROOF that I am exhausted

💀✌🦋😘❄😳🐍😎🏳️‍🌈🤠🥁