[34]

Luke's P.O.V.

"Hey Reg," I say, stepping toward him in the garage.

"Just the guy I wanted to see," He says, yanking out a sheet of paper. "Look at this."

"What is this?" I ask, taking the paper. Lyrics are scribbled over it, in much neater handwriting than my own. "Call of a horse." I read the big letters across the top.

Reggie stares at me expectantly, silently nodding his head.

"Dude," I smack the paper against his chest. "Stop giving my country songs."

"It's just a suggestion," He says, holding the paper and smoothing it out carefully.

"So what happened to you last night?" He asks, setting the paper down on the piano.

"What are you talking about?" I shake my head and walk over to the couch.

"After the dance, Alex and I came back here," he says, looking at the ground briefly before sitting next to me on the couch. "But you just disappeared."

"Oh," I think. "I just - needed some space is all."

"It doesn't have anything to do with Julie and Dahlia does it?" Reggie's hands fold over each other.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "What does Dahl have to do with anything?" God, I'm a terrible liar.

"So, it is about Julie quitting the band then?" He asks.

Thank God Reggie isn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

"Yeah," I sigh. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Look, don't worry about it," Reggie says, patting my back. "We just need to apologize, straight to her face. Julie needs this band just as much as we do."

"Yeah," I nod. "Yeah, okay."

*****
Dahlia's P.O.V.

"So, what's stopping you?" Lydia asks, setting her tea down.

"From what?" I say, wiping the whip cream from my top lip.

"From asking Tyler out," she laughs. "I mean, he's obviously into you."

"I don't know," I shake my head. "I mean, maybe."

"You're questioning his feelings for you," Lydia's eyebrows nearly reach her hairline. "Are you serious, Dahlia Molina?"

"Lyds, I just don't think getting a boyfriend would be a good idea right now," I pick up my hot chocolate and take another sip. The burning on my tongue makes me regret not getting something cold. And just reminds me of what happened last night. How I let Tyler carry me out of the party, then asked Luke to stay in my bed with me. Even if no one else would ever know about Luke, I would still feel guilty for knowing what I did.

"Oh my god," she gasps. She reaches over the table and grabs my hand. "There's someone else."

"No, that's not what I said," I shake my head, trying not to spill my drink on myself.

"You didn't have to say it, Lia," she laughs. "Look, when I girl is in love, you can see it in her eyes."

"And?" I ask.

"I can see it in your eyes," Lydia pats her hand on my knee. "But you don't love Tyler."

"Obviously I don't love him, we're not even dating," I say.

"Okay, so you're not in love per say. What I'm saying is, you have a connection with someone," she explains. "But it's not with Tyler."

I feel my eyebrows come together. "A connection?"

"Yes, dummy," she laughs. "That feeling you get that you're just drawn to a specific person. Like there's a string thats tying you two together."

I purse my lips before shaking my head.

"It's like us," she says. "You're my best friend pretty much ever. We're connected. It's like that just stronger."

I nod, starting to understand what she's saying. It's not that I've never had crushes or anything. I guess I've just never been in love.

"So you do know what I'm talking about," Lydia says.

"Yeah," I mumble. A series of images play through my mind, like a photo album that flips through the pages too fast. "Yeah I do."

Eventually, I start to list the faces I see.

Lydia
Julie
Alex
Dad
Reggie
Carrie
Tyler

But the one that appears the most, in big, bold letters is Luke.

"And right now you're doing that thing where you're processing all the details in your life and trying to sort them into a list," she jokes.

"Maybe," I smile.

She shakes her head, "There are parts of you that I will never understand, Lia Molina."

Me neither.

A.N.

Hi. I wrote this just for you😘

Idk how I feel about it, but its here now.

Anywho

Hope yall had a good day!

-Redd

💀✌🦋😘❄😳🐍😎🏳️‍🌈🤠🥁