[50]

"Wake up!" Julie shouts, pushing on my shoulder.

"What?" I rub my eyes sitting up in my bed. "It's still freaking dark outside!"

"What's wrong with the boys?" She asks plainly.

"What do you mean?" I ask, still drowsy.

"I snuck out into the studio because I couldn't sleep and then I watched them get zapped with this purple bolts or something," she explains. "They wouldn't say anything about it. They just groaned like they were in pain and then poofed out."

"You saw?" I question. My brain finally starts catching up with her quick voice.

"So you did know didn't you?" Julie crosses her arms. "And you didn't tell me?"

"Julie," I sigh. "We thought we could figure out what it was before you saw. I didn't want you to get worried about them and they didn't want you freaking out either."

"You guys should have told me," her voice breaks. "They look like they're in pain."

"That's because they are," I slip. I put my hand over my mouth and wipe my lips. "I shouldn't have said that."

"There has to be a way we can help them," Julie says, grabbing my other hand. "I mean, you've gotta know something right? You're a lot smarter at this ghost stuff than me."

"Okay, why does everyone say that," I huff. "I don't know anything about the dead or ghosts or the afterlife or why the boys are dealing with this lightning thing. And I feel useless!" My voice breaks and I look up at Julie with glassy eyes. "I don't know what to do Jules."

She sits down on the bed next to me and pulls my head on to her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Lia. We're all just scared."

"So am I," I admit. I feel a warm drop of something fall from my eye. I blink hard in an attempt to suck back in any more tears. I'd rather not cry with Julie right now. "I'm trying my best."

"I know," Julie said stroking my hair. I take a deep breath before laying on my side and resting my head in Julie's lap. She continues run her hand over my hair. It reminds me of Mom and Dad. The two of them would switch every other night who would do this to which twin. It was the only way to get us to go to sleep as kids. It was one of the only times I had my mom's full attention. "I'm sorry I woke you."

"It's okay," I say quietly.

She slows down her hand and sits quietly. I can tell she is observing my overly tired self. "Go to sleep, Lia."

But I'm already halfway there.

*****

"Good morning, Mija," Dad smiles from the kitchen.

"Good morning, Papa," I say, walking toward where he is sliding bacon out of a pan.

"How did you sleep?" He asks.

"Good," I nod. Thanks to Julie.

"Your sister is in the studio," he says, sliding me two plates, stacked with food. "She hasn't eaten yet."

"Is she eating for three people?" I laugh, looking at the food on the plates.

He shoots me a joking glare, "One of those is for you, you know?"

I shake my head and walk toward the door with the plates in my hands.

"Jules," I say as I walk toward the garage. "I have breakfast."

She quickly opens the door and grabs a plate out of my hand. She take a huge bite of toast before rushing back into the garage and setting her plate on the coffee table.

"What's the rush?" I ask, setting my plate next to hers.

"The boys know what we have to do," she says. "While you were slobbering all over my lap in your sleep, Alex was with Willie. He helped him clear up exactly what was happening to them. We have to play The Orpheum," she lightly taps her computer, where a picture of the Orpheum is lighting up the screen. "That's what the boys never got to do while they were all alive."

"So, when they play here they'll get to 'crossover' or whatever?" I ask. "This is their unfinished business?"

"Yeah," Julie nods, she bites her lip nervously before continuing. "We've only got about a week to do it."

"A week? One?" I shout. "Didn't it take them years to get to The Orpheum the first time?"

"Yeah," she says again, chewing at her lip. "That's the problem."

"Yeah, that's a pretty big problem," I agree. "But we have to get them in there right? We have to help them crossover? One week."

I knew my time with the boys would be limited, but one week left? I just met them. I just became their friends. I can't lose them already. I can't say goodbye in 7 days. I just can't.

"We have to try," Julie says.

I shut my eyes and shake my head. There's too much clutter around my brain.

One week. That was it.

*****
Alex's P.O.V.

"Did you find out your unfinished busniess?" Willie asks.

"We have to play here," I say, waving my hand around the empty building.

"Oh," Willie sighs. "I'm so sorry I got you into this. When - when you asked me if I could help, I should've just skated away."

I put my eyes to the ground. For once in my life -well, existence - my nerves are steady, confident, "I would have still followed you."

A.N.

Anotha one.

Ik chapters are getting really short, but its because we are getting very very close to the end of the story.

I also know that I skipped Unsaid Emily, but I felt that that moment just doesn't fit into my plot good enough. Its still one of my favorite songs from the album (which is why I'm bringing it up now)

Anywho! All my love 💘

-Redd

💀✌🦋😘❄😳🐍😎🏳️‍🌈🤠🥁