[46]

Luke's P.O.V.

"She just hung out with him," Alex shrugs. "I mean, she told you she didn't want to hang out with you anymore."

"Yeah, I was there," I huff, crossing my arms.

"Look, I think this will be for the best," Reggie says, putting his hand on my shoulder. "I mean, tensions were high. Now, hopefully things can mello out and Julie won't feel so awkward about performing with us."

"But Dahl is upset with- agh!" There's a jolting sensation in my chest that cuts me off. It rocks me and I put my hand over my heart. "What the hell?"

"Why does that keep happening?" Reggie asks, laying down on the floor.

"I don't know, boys," Alex shakes his head, holding the piano to brace himself. "But it can't be good."

*****

I poof into Dahlia's room in the morning. I can see Julie still asleep under her blankets, but Dahlia is quietly sliding her blankets off herself.

"Good morning," I whisper.

She gasps and puts her hand over her heart, her eyes widening. She looks up at me and takes a deep relaxing breath.

"Sorry," I whisper. I look over at Julie, who turns to lay on her other side.

"What are you doing in here?" Dahlia hisses quietly. She slides her blankets all the way off and scoots toward the edge of her bed.

"I need to talk to you," I say. Julie shifts again and Dahlia and I both look over at her.

"There's nothing to talk about Luke," she whispers after Julie is still again.

I look at the ground, getting a defeated feeling suddenly, "Look, I know that you're with Tyler now or whatever. And I know that I messed up and you're mad at me. But I just - I'm not here for me."

Dahlia blinks and looks away from me, "Is Alex okay? Reggie?"

"Yeah, yeah we're all fine," I answer. "It's just that last night we got those jolt things again."

Dahlia quickly looks up at me. She gets off the bed and attempts to push me. Her hands go right through me, along with the rest of her body. I don't know why, but I can tell she's feeling helpless.

I turn around and look at her. "What's wrong?"

"Just -" she puts her palms against her eyes and huffs. "Go out to the garage, okay? I'll be out in a second."

Dahlia's "second" is actually 180 seconds.

"Alex," she sighs as soon as she enters the garage. She walks over to him and wraps her arms over his shoulders.

"Lia," he loops his arms around her. I can feel envy filling my body - well - technically, my spirit. I guess my bond with Dahlia is broken. We can't focus on each other, we don't share energy. We can't touch. "We weren't going to go get you. But Luke disappeared before we could say otherwise."

"It's okay, Al," she nods. "I just want to help you. Did you find Willie?"

"Well, we've seen him a bunch," Alex answers, looking over at Reggie. "But - uh - that didn't go very well."

"Oh," Dahlia says. "I'm sorry."

Alex pulls his lips together and shakes his head back and forth once.

"So, you still have no idea what these jolts are?" Dahlia looks to Reggie then back at Alex. "Are they still hurting? More or less than before?"

"They hurt more everytime we get them," I admit. Dahlia finally looks at me before looking toward the garage door.

"What was that?" She asks.

"What was what?" Reggie asks, looking at the door before looking back at Dahlia.

"That noise," she clarifies, walking to the door and opening it. She shouts and yanks it all the way open, "Hello."

The boy on the other side of the door stared back at her suspiciously, "You can see me?"

A.N.

Holy moly...

Its been three days. I'm sorry.

Anywho here is Chapter 46 in Luke's P.O.V. I actually kinda liked writing this, which means there is probably a lot of spelling and grammar errors because I'm all out of wack. Just like my friggin sleep schedule✌✌

Anywho!

-Redd

^^I'm so proud of the outfit I wore today so here's my photoshoot from my Forensic science class