[14]

Alex's P.O.V.

"Hey, Willie," I wave to the boy skateboarding toward me.

"Hey, Hotdog," Willie smiles, kicking his skateboard up and catching it with one hand. He pulls his helmet off and shakes his hair out. "So, what are we going to do today?"

"I thought you had something planned," I force a laugh. It sounds more nervous than me.

"I'm messing with you," he says, clapping a hand on my shoulder. "Come on."

He tips his head and we start walking around the corner. We stop in front of big glass doors that are marked off.

"A museum," I smile. "But it's closed."

"That's the point," Willie smiles.

"I'm starting to think this isn't about the art," I tease. "I think you just like breaking the rules."

Willie sticks his tongue in his cheek, "Maybe. You should try it some time."

"We're going in there, aren't we?" I ask.

"Come on," he laughs, putting his hand in mine. He pulls me through the door.

"Wow," I whisper, looking around the museum.

"And we have the whole place to ourselves," Willie raises his eyebrows before putting his skateboard down and clipping his helmet on. He takes off and uses some boards leaning against the wall as a ramp. I watch him duck under a ladder and make a huge circle around the museum. He starts coming toward me again, to a big open part of the floor with a cement ramp.

"Hey," he points to a giant bench next to me. "Move that over here, I'm gonna see if I can jump it."

"Uh-yeah," I sigh. "I can't move that."

Willie laughs. "Okay."

He hops down next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder, "If you focus all of your energy into your hands, you can lift anything."

"Focusing, great," I mumble. "Yeah I was always a little anxious, and then I died."

Willie nods before pointing back down to the bench. "Just try it."

I shrug and put my hands under the bench. When I pull my hands up, they go straight through the cement. I can tell that I would be blushing if I could. Willie laughs, and I hold my hands out in defeat.

"Here," Willie says, putting his hand behind mine. "Together."

We put our hands under the bench again and this time, I can pick it up. I laugh, impressed.

"Okay, you have 10 seconds to get the other side," I tell Willie.

"I got it. I got it," he says, rushing to the other side and picking it up. We carry it over to the ramp and set it down next to it.

"Wait right there," Willie says, running back to his board and skating around. He jumps off the side of the ramp and over the bench. He cheers and pulls his helmet off before sitting down on the bench. "Feels good," he sighs.

Willie looks up at me, a smile forming over his lips, "You're wired a little tight, huh?"

I laugh once and sit down next to him. My nerves gl haywire, mostly because being around people did that to me in general, but also because of my close proximity to a very cute boy.

"Is that why you started playing drums?" He asks. "To help you with your anxiety?"

"Yeah, pretty much," I shrug. "There's no better way to work out your problems than wailing on some drums, am I right?"

Willie doesn't say anything at this and my brain screams that I said something wrong. But after a few awkward moments pass, he smiles.

"You know what always makes me feel better?" He claps my shoulder before standing up. The bottom of his shirt poking up and revealing a thin line of his stomach. "Yelling in museums."

He screams, pretty loudly I may add. I laugh a little. Before giving it a try. I sound pathetic. Where Willie sounded much more like a lion, I sound like a housecat. Which only embarrasses me more in front of the one guy I was actually interested in impressing.

"Pfsh!" Willie scoffs. He grabs the collar of my jacket and pulls me up. "You gotta stand up. Put your heart into it!"

He yells again, only shorter this time. I yell back, still working on matching his volume. We yell back and forth a few times before he grabs the collar of my jacket and we both yell as loud as we can. He is right. Yelling in a museum does feel a lot better than it sounds.

"Feels good," Willie says, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah," I nod. "It does."

"So," Willie says, walking back toward the entrance. "You probably want to get back to your bandmates, don't you?"

"Oh," I drop my eyes to my feet. "Yeah, I probably should."

We stand in front of the doors, not making eye contact. I shuffle my feet and slip my hands in my pockets.

"I -uh-" Willie scratches his head. "You wouldn't want to hang out again would you?"

"Of course I would," I smile.

"Okay, cool," he smiles, walking through the door. He quickly pokes his head back in and laughs. "I -uh almost forgot- Saturday? The beach?"

"I'll be there," I say.

"I'll see you then, Hotdog," he winks, pulling his head back through the door. I wait until I know he is a good distance away before pulling my hands out of my pockets and jumping up and down. I let out one more long, continuous scream before pirouetting out of the museum.

"Wow," I sigh dreamily.

I shake my head violently. "What are you doing? Go home."

A.N.

Hello there.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter in Alex's P.O.V. (I know I did!)

If you can't already tell Willex is my favorite ship on the whole show. I just think they are so cute and wholesome and genuine. And I'm also biased because pretty much if there is a gay couple in a show, I automatically will make them my favorite couple. I'm reverse homophobic (if that's even a thing I have no idea what I'm saying. it's late;)

Anywho!

Remember to vote, comment, and share!

💀✌🦋😘❄😳🐍😎🏳️‍🌈🤠🥁

-Redd