[43]

^^a pick-me-up before I break your hearts.... sorry in advance

I walk into the garage and close the door quietly behind me.

"What happened?" Luke asks, rushing up to me.

"Get away, Luke," I mumble, putting my hands up.

"What?" He asks, taking another step toward me.

"Get away from me!" I shout. I rush to the bathroom, don't bother trying to shut the door behind me, and fall to my knees infront of the toilet. The burning fills my throat, the smell of acid filling my nose.

"Oh my god, Lia," I hear Alex say. I can feel someone quickly grab my hair and rub my back. I look to my side and wipe my mouth.

"Thanks, Al-" my thanks are cut short by more vomit.

"What happened?" I hear Reggie ask.

I couch and spit out the sour taste in my mouth. Alex's hand traces another circle on my back; it's soothing.

"Julie got in trouble," I huff, sticking my hand up and flushing the toilet. "We fought."

"About what?" Alex asks, letting go of my hair as I stand up using the toilet seat as a brace. I rinse my mouth out in the sick, cupping my hand to bring water to my mouth. "Lia, about what?"

I look out of the bathroom, at Luke. "Him."

*****
Luke's P.O.V.

"Me?" I jab my finger against my chest.

Dahlia turns her head away from me and looks into the mirror in the bathroom. Alex looks from her to me, an unreadable expression on his face. Dahlia walks out of the bathroom, passed me. She opens the garage door and half steps out, "Why couldn't you just sing the damn song like a normal little music playing ghost?"

"Dahl, I-" she cuts me off with a scoff.

"I'm not interested, Luke," she says. "I'm really not. I don't care about your excuses or your story or your feelings anymore. You came between me and the one thing that I've been waiting overa year to be close to again. Okag, you ruined the relationship I have with my sister!"

Her voice cracks and her eyes water. I feel a pain in my chest, like someone is burning me with an iron fire poker.

"I'm done," she says quietly. "Julie needs to come first. I can't - I can't lose her all over again."

I watch her walk out of the door and close it behind her. My knees give out; they're more jelly than they are bone. When I hit the ground, everything hurts. Like someone is carving my heart out through my ribcage.

What have I done?

I hurt not only one, but two of the closest people in the world to me. I've come between myself and the band for the second time in the last week. I couldn't just sing the stupid song, just like Dahlia said.

I hurt her.

I hurt Julie.

And now, I've destroyed the band too. Which will hurt Alex and Reggie.

Everything I've done. It's all been for nothing. Or I guess, for all of us to end up with nothing. I never wanted it to be this way. It just happened.

And now I want to take it all back.

A.N.

I know that this was wayyyy too short (like 200 words off from the normal short ones which means about 400 words off from the normal normal ones) but I still think it's important and I hope you liked it.

Anywho! I'll probably upload another chapter today considering how short this one was, but we'll see. I have A LOT of homework to do.

All my love!😘

-Redd