[37]

"What the hell was that?" Lydia shrieks.

"No," I ignore her, looking at my hands. What is wrong with me? "No. No. No."

I spin around and look at Luke. He is patting his chest down as he turns around to face me. His eyes are glossy and I can already feel tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Dahl," he whispers. His voice breaks.

"Luke," I feel my lip trembling as I talk. "I-I'm so sorry."

"No," he says. "Don't. Don't say that."

I lower myself to my knees, putting my hands on the ground to stable myself, "I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why I can't just touch you. I-I-"

"Dahlia!" Lydia shouts.

I look up at her, hot tears streaming down my face. "Wha-what?"

"What was that?" She says waving her hands in big circles.

"You-you saw him?" I stutter. I pray she did. So she won't think I'm insane.

"See who?" Lydia shakes her head. "You just frozen in mid- I don't even know what!"

"It was Luke," I explain, looking at him. "We touched. But only for a few seconds."

I quickly wipe my face, feeling embarrassment from my lack of emotional control.

"Best few seconds of my life," Luke says under his breath.

"I heard that," I let out a small laugh. He smiles down at me before turning away and bringing his hand up to his face.  I have a feeling he's wiping away tears, but I'd rather not think that Luke is crying. That's would hurt me all over again.

"Lia, this is too weird," Lydia says, walking toward the door.

"Lydia, wait!" I call after her, making my way to my feet.

"Just call me when you're crazy is over. I can't-" the shutting door cuts her off.

"Damnit," I whisper.

"Dahl," Luke says, sitting down in front of me and tracing lines on the floor. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's not your fault," I say, my last tear rolls down my cheek. "It'll be okay."

"So," he sighs.

"That just happened," I say.

"We touched," Luke nods, the corners of his lips twitching up.

"Barely," I note. He makes eye contact with me, the little smile on his lips disappearing. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to hold you longer than that."

Luke wiggles his eyebrows and I wish that I could punch him.

"I hate you," is what I say instead of the cuss words swirling in my head.

"You know you love me, Piglet," he smirks.

I glare at him. "Shut it."

"Awe," he puts his hand over his heart. "I'm flattered."

"I said shut it, Luke," I repeat, my teeth grinding.

He laughs, "You're so cute when you're all flustered like that."

I want to growl at him, but that's not something a normal human would do. If only I were a dog.

A purple flash hits Luke in the chest, knocking him flat on his back. He groans and holds his torso.

"What was that?" I ask, leaning over him.

"That was what I was telling you about," he says, wincing.

"Luke," I hear someone say. I look up to see two boys standing above us. "We felt it too. We figured you would be here."

Alex is holding his chest and Reggie has his hand over his stomach.

"Alex, Reggie," I say, standing up. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah," Alex nods, waving me away.

"It feels like that time I was fixing my amp in the rain," Reggie says, pulling his hand off his belly. I give him a concerned look, along with Luke and Alex.

"That can't be-" Alex starts. "O-kay."

"Alex, do you have any idea what this could be?" I ask.

"No," he shakes his head. "But I think I might know someone who does."

"You think Willie can help?" Luke asks, having gotten himself off the floor.

"I hope so," Alex says. "Otherwise, well then I've got nothing."

"Well, let's go find Willie then," I say.

"Dahl," Luke laughs. "He's a ghost."

"I knew that," I bring my arms around myself slowly. "I mean you guys should go find Willie. Obviously."

"We'll be back before you know it," Reggie says, pretending to pat my head. Well, at least I think he's pretending.

"Dinner," Alex clarifies. "We'll be back at dinnertime."

Him and Alex nod before poofing out of the room.

Luke steps in front of me and smiles, "I'll be right back darli-" he clears his throat, "Dahl." He leans forward and places a kiss on my forehead. It only holds for a moment, but it's enough for my to know how soft his lips feel and how bad I want to know what they tas- stop.

"Be safe," I say. He nods before disappearing.

I take a much needed breath and go to sit on the couch. I close my eyes and attempt sleep before my phone starts ringing. I groan and pull it out of my pocket. It's Tyler.

I decline his call and set my phone down on the coffee table.

Buzz. Buzz.

"Oh my god, what?" I shout, sitting up.

Tyler M - Just Now
Are you alright? Your friend Lydia just texted me some crazy stuff.

"You have got to be freaking kidding!"

A.N.

Oh hey there.

Told you this chapter would be coming out ASAP. 😉

I have the song Bad Romance stuck in my head. Sinply because of the tiktok trend where people sing the one part over and over again just high every time.

Anywho...

Hope you likey likey!

Also... my Sun is in Libra ♎, my moon is in Capricorn ♑ , and my rising is in Sagittarius ♐.  Hbu?

-Redd

💀✌🦋😘❄😳🐍😎🏳️‍🌈🤠🥁