Chapter One

Meredith ran, hard and fast. The rain and wind hitting her face was only making her run faster. Derek had chosen Addison, he didn't show at the bar. All of her friends had been paged to an incoming trauma, a big one. Apparently a train had crashed. She had been paged but she was so drunk she wouldn't had been any use at all, plus she didn't want to see Derek. She only told Cristina her plan. Meredith was going to get out of Seattle, she hadn't told Cristina exactly where she was going to go though.

Meredith finally reached her house, she was dripping wet and freezing cold. She checked her phone, many missed texts, calls, and emails appeared on the small screen. She quickly typed an email to Dr Webber, the Chief of Surgery. 

"Dear Dr Webber,

I would like to apologize for not responding to my page. That being said, I have two things I need to tell you regarding that statement. One, I was/am really drunk therefore I would have been no help anyone. Two, I am resigning. I will most likely leave Seattle and go somewhere else. I know you are probably thinking it's just because I am drunk but, I have actually been thinking about this for a long time.

Thank you,

Dr Meredith Grey"

Short and sweet, it got straight to the point and didn't tell to many lies. Yes she was drunk, but she could've worked tonight. Yes, she was leaving but she hadn't been thinkin about it for a long time. She quickly pressed send and went to her bedroom to pack a quick bag, ignoring all the other missed texts and calls. When she got upstairs, she pulled out the largest suitcase she had and packed everything she had, she was not much. She hurried back downstairs and went into the kitchen, quickly taking out a small notepad. She then wrote a note for her roomates Alex, Izzie, and George.

"I am fine, I quit and moved away. Please do not worry about me. I will send over the papers for the house, it's all yours, no cost."

Good enough, she thought. She grabbed her suitcase and headed for the front door, locking it on her way out. Meredith hopped in her car and drove off to the airport. SHe had no flight to catch but was just going to buy a ticket when she got there. As she pulled away from her family home on Comstock Street, she couldn't help but let a little tear fall as she watched the house disappear from her rear view mirror.

//

When she arrived at the airport, she grabbed her suitcase of the back of her car and started to walk to the check in ticket area. She glanced up at the board seeing that the soonest flight she could catch was to Boston. She laughed, her mother ran away from her problems and had gone to Boston, and now she was doing the same. She decided that's where she was going to go, she would make arrangements for her car getting there later. She purchased the ticket and ran off to catch her plane.

As she boarded, she started to have second thoughts, it's too late for this now she thought. Hse sat down in her seat.

"What brings you to Boston?" The lady next to her asked, trying to be nice.

"Work things I guess." Meredith said. This was partly true, she would be getting a job there.

Throughout the duration of the flight, Meredith applied to transfer to many hospitals in Boston, including Mass Gen which is where her mother worked for some time. She closed her computer and sighed, she really just ran away with simply a note and an email explaining why. 

She started to slowly drift off to sleep only to be awoken by the sudden urge to puke. She slowly stood up politely walked past the kind lady she was seated next to. She got to the small in plane bathroom just in time. After about ten minutes of puking, she felt strong enough to stand. As she walked out of the bathroom, the flight attendant asked if she was ok.

"Yeah, I think I am good, must have ate something weird." Meredith responded with a slight smile.

Although she did believe she did just eat something wrong, something didn't sit right with her. Her thoughts were interrupted when the pilots voices was being heard over the speakers saying they were going to land soon.

When they finally landed, Meredith got a cap and went to the nearest hotel and got a room. When she got up to her room, she picked up her phone and looked at all the missed texts and calls.

22 missed calls from Derek

17 missed calls from Alex

18 missed called from Izzie

25 missed called from George

"where are you, you aren't here. Bailey is looking for you" -George

"you are starting to worry me"-Izzie

"get you butt over to work mer"-Alex

"Hey, I know you left but what do you want me to tell the others?"-Cristina

"please come back, I need you."-Derek

She only responded to Cristinas text saying she was changing her number and would give her the new one once she got it. She also told her to tell them that she is fine and to not worry about about her anymore. 

Meredith set her things down and immediately went to the bathroom to shower. After her shower she changed into some comfy clothes and sat on the big king sized bed. She open her laptop and found that she had been accepted into every intern program, including Mass Gen. She responded to Mass Gen email saying she wanted the job. She then crawled into bed and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

//

Meanwhile at the hospital, Derek rushed into the ER looking for Meredith. He spotted Cristina suturing a patient.

"Dr Yang, where is Dr Grey?" Derek asked hoping for an answer

"Oh Dr Shepherd, haven't you heard? She left the program and the city! Good job, you got what you wanted!" Cristina said walking away to go find a more interesting case to work on.

Derek ran his hand through his hair. He really messed up this time. He pulled out his phone to call Meredith, no answer, He dialed again, still no answer. He called until Dr Bailey called him in for a consult, something about two people being impaled by a pole and still being alive. He put away his phone and wandered off.

//

Izzie, Alex, and George all got home from their longest shift ever. They realized Meredith not there and had heard rumors that she quit. All three roomates walked into the house and immediately, they all felt the weird erie feeling. 

"Umm I found a note from her in the kitchen." Alex said picking up the notepad.

"I found a packet of papers about the house." Izzie said

Alex read the note out loud then called Meredith right away, no answer once again. They all stood around for awhile calling her.

"I think we should try again in the morning, I don't know about you but I really need some sleep." George finally said

"Yes I agree, but what do we do about the house papers?" Izzie said

"I think we should wait to sign them, just in case she comes back." Alex said, keeping the faith

//