Chapter 12

Something about the end of the call made Meredith's heart flutter. SHe finally was able to catch some sleep, knowing one thing, she was definitely falling for Derek Shepherd again. And she was falling hard and fast.

//

4 months later

Meredith, Derek and George were slowly falling out of touch. At least one call a week turned into one call every two weeks, then that became one call a month. Derek and George were getting worried that Meredith was falling back into the dark and twisties. Although, Meredith assured them multiple times she was fine. 

Meredith, was indeed fine. She was getting ready for Dai's 3rd birthday and she thriving at her teaching job. She even had completed some very complicated procedures at the hospital she volunteered at. 

It was one of the many days that Meredith was off, so she decided that she would take Dai to go see and ride the ferry boats. They got in the car and drove to nearest ferry boat dock, which was in Seattle. At first Meredith wanted to go somewhere else but then she decided she just wouldn't tell anyone that she was in Seattle.

Meanwhile...

Derek had the day off and since he had a thing for ferry boats, he would spend his day off moving from ferry boat to ferry boat sightseeing. He grabbed a sac lunch and a jacket and got in his car. Driving to ferry dock, he thought he saw Meredith's car, but shook t off since it could have been anyone's car.

He parked and got out, he purchased a ticket, and hopped on the ferry. He went up ti deck and sat one on the benches. Then he heard a voice he thought he might never hear again.

"Dai, come on. Do you want to see the ocean?"

"yesss mama!"

"Ok come on, lets see if we can find an empty bench. I don't want to share you, you are way too precious to me Dai." 

Derek turned around and saw a beautiful blond women wearing a purple sweater and black jeans, holding the hand of a toddler who was wearing a red sundress that complemented her dark blonde hair.

"Meredith! Over here!" Derek yelled. He watched as she turned around and her eyes got wide realizing who it was.

"Derek! Hi!" Meredith felt her stomach flutter, yup she was definitely falling for him. Those piercing blue eyes and his very dreamy hair.

Meredith walked over and sat Dai in between them on the bench. Dai looked up and saw Derek.

"dada! i miss you!" Dai said as she snuggled into Derek. Meredith and Derek had worked out that she would make trips to Seattle very often so that Derek could still see Dai, although they didn't get to make trips very often due to her very busy schedule.

"I missed you too sweetheart!" Derek said as he hugged Dai.

Meredith watched Derek and Dai interact, she was still hesitant about letting Dai see Derek but little by little, Derek was winning her over.

"Meredith, how are you doing?" Derek said starting the conversation.

"I'm really good Derek! What about you?" 

"I'm good too! How has work been?"

"Really busy, it's the first day in awhile I have had a day off." Meredith caught herself looking in his deep blue eyes, she could lost on them for days. Consequently, Derek found himself getting lost in her emerald green eyes. They both finally snapped out of their dazes.

"Um Meredith, I have a question." Derek said. They was a tension between them, it felt like they were getting pulled together, the only thing stopping them, was the small child in between, unaware of what was going on.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date with me?" Derek spit out, hoping for the best.

"Uh, when? I have no one to watch Dai." Meredith said, actually disappointed she couldn't go.

"My sisters are in town! I am sure they wouldn't mind watching her! Also, if tomorrow works, I can pick you up?"

"But Derek, I live a hour away from here!" Meredith said

"I don't care! I really want to go out with you!" Dere said winking at her.

Meredith checks flushed a bright red and she turned her head away from Derek's gaze and looked at her hands fidgeting in her lap. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive. I will pick you up at 6:00 p.m. I will Amy with me so she can stay with Dai while I take you out!" Derek said happily. Derek's hand found his way to her chin slightly lifting her head up to meet his gaze.

"Derek, I would love to." Meredith said with a smile from ear to ear

"Then it's a date!" Derek said, "Now, look at miss Dailiah here!"

Meredith and Derek looked at Dai, she was mesmerized by the sight before her. She looked up at Meredith and smiled.

"mama, this is very pretty. thank you!" Dai said

"You are very welcome sweety." Meredith said

"How old is she now?" Derek asked

"She turns 3 years old next week! And she talking in short sentences now." Meredith said

"How cute." Derek said looking at Meredith 

"Meredith..." Derek said

"Derek..." Meredith said

"Is it bad I want to kiss you right now?" Derek said

"No, because I really want to kiss you now to." Meredith said

"Well..." Derek leaned in towards Meredith and locked lips with her. they shared a deep passionate kiss. It felt like they were making up for lost time. They were broken apart when they heard Dai clapping.

"go mama! go dada!" Dai yelled. They both pulled back looked at eachother, smiling. They were both unaware of the disapproving glances from other passengers on the ferry boat.

For the rest of the ferry ride, they talked to each other and played with Dai. They caught up on what had happened in the last 4 months of their lives, both of them very intrigued by the other.

When Meredith and Dai got home that night, she was on cloud nine. She hadn't been this happy since the night she forts meet Derek at the bar. When she put Dai to bed that night, she got to work on her outfit for her date with McDreamy.