Chapter 9

When Meredith woke up, she wasn't sure what was happening. She looked over and saw Derek's hand in hers and immediately freaked out.

"What the heck?! Derek get out!" Meredith yelled, Derek's head shot up.

"What?! Why!" Derek said, "I thought you forgave me?"

"No! I said letting you go was the hardest thing I had ever done, I didn't say I forgave you! I said I would try to forgive! You punched me with my daughter in sight! My daughter is my world and you put in her in danger!" Meredith's heart rate monitors were now beeping widely.

"But...you said you were ok with me holding your hand?" Derek said pleadingly

"Yeah! But I feel asleep! You are supposed to leave!" Meredith said hyperventilating. Just then a nurse came running in.

"Sir you need to leave!" The nurse said as she pushed him out of the room. After Derek left, she came running back in the room.

"Dr Grey, you need to calm down!" The nurse said while adjusting her IV, getting ready to inject sedatives if needed.

"Please... I need... my daughter!" Meredith said between gasps for air

The nurse looked around the room and saw a small child curled up on the couch in the room. She gently picked up the small 2 year old and handed her to the distraught mom.

"Hey baby, it's ok." Meredith said, relaxing at the feel of her daughter in her arms.

"Dr Grey, I am going to give you some relaxers to get your heartrate down faster, you need to stay calm." The nurse said while pushing something through her IV, then watching the monitor numbers fall

"Ok, I need to take a nap..." Meredith said. She now became aware of the pounding headache, she felt like her heart was in her head.

//

Meredith woke up a couple hours later, Dai awake in her arms.

"Hey, Dai! How are you doing?"

"i good mama." Dai said, enjoying being snuggled in her mom's arms

"That's good." Meredith said as she laid her head back down. Just then the doctor walked in, and said that he need to do a routine neuro exam to make sure she hadn't developed a brain bleed.

"Everything looks good Dr Grey! You can be discharged tomorrow, I just want to keep one more night for observation, it's not very likely that someone falls down the stairs head first and doesn't develop a slight brain bleed at all."

"That's ok Doc." Meredith said just hoping he would leave soon, the pounding headache had still not gone away.

When the doctor finally left, Derek came back in. Meredith looked him in the eyes, she wasn't ready for this, mentally or physically.

"Uh hi Meredith. I was wondering if we could talk?"

"It depends what about?" Meredith asked, hugging Dai tighter, who was listening to her mom's heartbeat.

"Us?" Derek said hopeful

"You have 2 minutes." Meredith said

"Ok, Um I'm sorry. I know you are tired of me saying that but I truly am! You are the love of my life and I need to have you in my life, I can't live without you. I thought you had forgiven me, and I understand now that you said you were TRYING to forgive me. I will try to communicate with you better next time. I really wanna make it up to you Meredith." Derek said

"I have trust issues Derek, you know that. You can't get all angry at me, hurt me, then expect me to forgive you. It's going to take time, I won't be ready for the whole dating thing anytime soon, you need to give me time." Meredith said, hoping he would take it and leave

"I can give you time Mer." Derek said with a slight Mcdreamy smile

"I am sorry for kicking you out, but can you please leave, I am so tired." 

"Yes, I can go. Bye Mer." Derek said as he turned and left

Meredith leaned her head back, the pounding returning, her thoughts going a thousands miles a hour.

What do I do?

Should I forgive him?

Does he only want me for Dai?

How will Dai react if she suddenly has a father?

Should I forgive him?

//

Authors Note

(bolded is most important so if you are impatient like me, only read that part)

Hello! I need your feedback... I have planned that Mer gets amnesia and this whole thing happens. But, I don't know if you guys are getting tired of Mer getting hurt and stuff like that. So, should I continue with what I have planned (amnesia) or should I think of something else? Both of these options will take time because I have strayed from what I had planned out chapter wise and need to redo the chapter play by play, and then obviously thinking of a new idea takes time. Anyway hope this makes sense, please leave feedback!!