Chapter 28

Writers POV

It had been 3 days since Meredith had the baby, she was mostly healed so she could go home but Anna had to stay. Derek had been constantly worried about Meredith, she was slow and seemed out of it. He made a mental note to talk to connie about it later.

Meredith packed her things up in the hospital bag she had brought with her as Derek walked into her room with Anna, whom he had just picked up from the NICU so they could say goodbye to her.

"Hey Anna, how's my sweet girl doing?" Meredith said as she took Anna from Derek's arms and sat on the sofa. She was careful to adjust all the Iv's and wires so they did not get squished. 

"She is doing good, just woke up from a nap according to the nurses." Derek said. He was happy Meredith was still engaging with Anna.

Meredith's POV

I felt slow and like I needed time to process things, I was having constant mood swings, and I had lost a lot of weight in a small amount of time. I hoped derek didn't notice all of this but, I was pretty sure he did. I am just glad he hasn't said much about it. 

As I held Anna in my arms, my heart fluttered, I was so proud of her. Her and Dai were my everything, I loved her so much. But as I had another mood swing, I felt it hard to connect with her. 

"I need to go to the bathroom and then we can go." I said standing up and handing Anna over to Derek. I waddled to the bathroom, still sore from birth, and opened the bathroom door.

I sat down on the other side of the door and put my head in between my knees. I was over stimulated from just Derek and Anna, how would I survive Anna, Dai, and Derek. I was in my own thoughts but was pulled out by knocking on the door. 

"Mer? Are you ready?" I heard Derek call through the door.

"Yes!" I called out, probably a little too quickly.

I stood up slowly and opened the door to see Connie and Anna along with Derek in my room.

"Hey Meredith, I just wanted to do one final exam before you get discharged." Connie said

"Ok." 

"Go ahead and get into bed." 

I laid back in bed and let Connie do her thing, I was pulled into my thoughts once more as I zoned out, I was thinking about anything and everything all at once. 

Derek's POV

I was sitting by Mer's bedside when Connie was examining her and I saw when her eyes glossed over and she seem to be in a different world.

"Hey Mer?" I said, on response. I snapped my fingers, and still no response.

"What other symptoms has she been showing?" Connie asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Postpartum Depression, it's common Derek, and this is one of the symptoms."

"Oh well, I guess slow and constant mood swings, also I know she would loss the baby weight but it seems quite quick."

"How can I help?" I asked, I needed to protect her.

"You can't, you need to put the thought of her having ppd in her head but make it think like it was her idea. She will hopefully reach out to you for help and I will give you a list of therapists for you to contact."

"Ok, I can do that." I said as I shook Meredith's shoulder. Connie finished and left, leaving behind discharge papers for Meredith to sign when she came back.

I continued shaking her shoulder and brushing her hair with my fingers till she started responding to my touch again. Her eyes darted around the room, as she was most likely confused.

"W-wh-what happened?" Meredith asked

"You were in another world, you stopped responding." I said 

"Oh...why?"

"I don't know. I don't mean this to come off as awkward, but you have lost a lot of weight really fast and yu seem slow, lie it take you awhile to process things."

"Derek...I t-thing I have ppd." Meredith said so quickly I could barely hear her.

"And that is fine, I can help you. Can I help you?"

"I guess." Meredith said so quietly Derek could barely hear her

"Thank you, let's go home now. Say goodbye to Anna." I said handing Anna over to Meredith.

Meredith looked up at me with red eyes, but she eventually took Anna and held her close to her chest. "I love you baby, be good." I heard her say.

The nurse came in and took Anna back to the NICU and brought a wheelchair for Meredith. Meredith sat in the wheelchair and wheeled her out of the hospital to the car. I helped Meredith inot the car and shut the door.

"We'll back in four weeks for you miss Annalise." I said as I hopped in the driver's seat and drove back to the house.

//

A/N

To be honest I am kinda losing interests in this book so it will end shorter then expected so most likely around chapter 31. Updates will be slow but I will try to update when I can. I have started another book but will probably not publish the chapters right away like I do this one. Thank you for all the support. Duces ✌️