Chapter 27

It had been 3 hours since Connie had taken the baby away. Meredith had finally calmed down and was at normal stress level for a new mom who had yet to know if her baby still was alive. Derek was still behind Meredith whispering comforting words in her ears even though he was just as worried as she was.

When Connie came in with a small baby wrapped in a white blanket, Meredith and Derek shot up. Meredith reached out her arms and Connie set the baby down in her arms.

"Your baby is ok now, we just gave her some medicine for her lungs and she perked right back up. She was about 3 pounds at birth." Connie said

"She?" Meredith asked

"Oh I thought I told you! You had a baby girl! I am so sorry about not letting you know."

Derek and Meredith looked at eachother and broke into tears. "We had a baby girl!" Derek said as he hugged Meredith tightly, careful not to squish the new baby in Meredith's arms.

"Well, I will let you two enjoy each other and I will be back to get a name from you later." Connie said as she left the room.

"What names were you thinking about?" Meredith asked, not taking her eyes off her new baby girl.

"I like the name Annalise, Anna for short." Derek said, also staring at the baby

 "I like that, but can we have her middle name Georgia for George? And I want her to have both last names." Meredith said

"Annalise Georgia Grey Shepherd, I like it." Derek said with tears in his eyes

Meredith finally looked up at Derek and smiled. She was full of joy and happiness. It felt like her life was complete and she was done. There was weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. 

//

5 hours later

Derek went out of the room to get Dai so she could her baby sister. When Derek came back in the room with Dai, Meredith was sitting on the couch staring off into space and Anna was crying in her basset.

"Mer?" Derek said loudly 

Meredith snapped out it, she flinched awake. She quickly got up but hissed in pain which caused her to quickly sit back down. Dai rushed over to her mom to give her a huge hug.

"Sit down, I got her." Derek said. He was confused to say the least but he made a mental note to bring it up to her later, not in front of Dai.

"momma is that my baby sister?" Dai said clinging to Meredith 

"Yes, sweet girl that's Annalise Georgia Grey Shepherd." Meredith said rubbing her older daughters back 

"why Georgia, that's a funky name." Dai laughed

"I know it's kinda weird but do you remember Uncle George?" Meredith asked

"yeah!" Dai exclaimed

"Its after him." Meredith said

Dai looked at Anna and held out her arms. Meredith moved behind Dai and Derek placed Anna in Meredith's arms so Dai felt like she was holding her.

"mama, what does my name mean?" Dai asked

"Well Dailiah Cristina Grey, you are named after Aunt Cristina? Do you remember her, you were young when she died?"

"no i don't." Dai said

Meredith looked up at Derek with tears in her eyes, he nodded signaling her to continue. "Well, auntie Cristina saved your life. When you were very very young, there was a bad in guy in the hospital and she saved you from him."

"i like auntie cristina!" Dai yelled

Anna woke up from Dai's screams. Meredith grabbed Anna from Dai's arms and then Derek grabbed Dai's hand and led her out of the room after Dai said a quick goodbye to Meredith.  Meredith slowly made her way back the hospital bed and laid down with Anna, who was still crying, on her chest. She slowly rubbed circles on her back and hummed, eventually Anna claimed down and went to sleep. Meredith drifted off to the sleep too but she still had weird feeling in stomach and felt like there was something missing.

//

A/N 

Sooo, I know it's really short but I didn't know how else to stretch this chapter out without repeating myself ten thousand times. Also tonight's episode, wow. That's all I have to say.