Chapter 5

2 years later

Meredith put on her navy scrubs and looked at her alarm clock, it was 5:30 Am. She went out to the kitchen and saw Cristina already dressed in her light blue scrubs. Meredith was an Attending and Cristina was a 4th year resident. They shared a small 2 bed 2 bath apartment. Meredith and Dai shared a room and Cristina had her own room too.

"Good morning Cristina" Meredith said, pouring herself a cup of coffee

"Morning Mer, ready for today?" 

"Not one bit, I am hoping my some miraculous miracle he is off today. He still doesn't know about Dai." Meredith said. Meredith was assigned a case at Seattle Grace since apparently their general attending couldn't handle it. Mass Gen's chief of surgery, Owen Hunt, decided that she could take a resident with her since it was an out of state case.

"Yeah, me neither. We both kinda left without a solid reason. Where is Dai? Still sleeping?"

"Yeah, I am going to wake her up 5 minutes before we need to leave for the airport." Meredith said looking at her watch. "Apparently that is now."

Meredith went down the short hallway into her room and saw Dai already awake laying in Meredith's bed. Meredith never got a crib for her, there was no room, but they had made it work plus Meredith liked having her sleep in her bed.

"Mama!" Dai said. Dailiah had started talking very late, she was about 20 months now.

"Hey sweet girl! Why up so early?" Meredith said as she picked her up and placed her on her hip and began walking to the dresser to get some clothes for her.

"miss you" Dai said

"Well, I missed you too sweet girl, now let's change you into some comfy clothes so we can go on an airplane! How does that sound?"

"Ma and aunt Cris?" Dai asked still a little sleepy

"Yes, Mama and Auntie Cristina will be there too." Meredith smiled at the fact Cristina and Dailiah had bonded so quickly. Meredith would make sure that Dai knew that her middle name was after Cristina's when Dai got older.

"yay!" Dai said as she bounced on Meredith's hip. 

Meredith finished changing her and went downstairs to see that all the suitcases that had previously been by the front door, gone.

"Cris! Where are the suitcase?"

"I put them in the car already!" Cristina yelled

"You are such an angel!"

"What did I say about you calling me that I am a..."

"A devil with a soft spot for my family." Meredith finished. Meredith, Dai, and Cristina were basically family now, so that's what they called each other.

They all went out the front door and drove to the airport.

//

They had finally landed in Seattle after 7 hours, Dai had been gouchy the whole way. She hated airplanes. When they got a cab, they decided to go straight to Seattle Grace and pick up the patient's chart, then they would go back to their hotel and find something to eat. They pulled into the parking lot and got out, Dai asleep in Meredith arms.

"You ready?" Crostina said looking at them

"No, you?" Meredith said hugging Dai tighter

"Never will be."

When they walked into Seattle Grace, they saw it had been remodeled and it was now Seattle Grace Mercy West.

"Well this is new. I hate it." Cristina said