Chapter 29

With all the tears and heartache I have been through in the past four months I never thought for a single second that this would be the case

With all the tears and heartache I have been through in the past four months I never thought for a single second that this would be the case. I shouldn't be here; he shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be feeling this, he shouldn't be doing this. But yet here I am in his bathroom sitting on his counter while he cleans my wounds.

"Ow watch it," I growled pushing his hand away.

"Would you stop moving!"

"Well maybe if you would you stop being an asshole I would stop." His hand holding the cotton bud stopped and he looked at me with eyes glaring.

"What?" He rolled his eyes and continued his torture, but it wasn't long before I jerked again. "Ow, that shit hurts."

He threw the ointment and cotton buds down. "FINE! You do it then."

"Fine, I will! I can do it better anyway." He rolled his eyes while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Why do you have to be so damn stubborn." I rolled my eyes ignoring his annoying smirk. "Me being right is not being stubborn. It is just being smarter than you." He clicked his jaw and started rubbing the healing ointment on my jaw again.

"What happened to you anyway?" He asked with a frown. "Stuff." He rolled his eyes. "Try to be more specific, darling." I narrowed my eyes and clicked my tongue. Just because I told him about my feelings for him doesn't mean I am going to start telling him every little detail about me.

"How about you tell me what you were doing tonight?" His jaw tightened and he looked deep in thought.

"I had a client who wanted his father dead. I only did provided the information of what I was told to do." I raised my eyebrows surprised that he was honest. "Your turn now princess." He smirked.

"Let's just say my boss sent me a warning for something I hadn't done yet." His hands stopped and he looked at me intensely letting his eye darken as they dilate.

"What did your boss want you to do?" He asked and suddenly the room around as fell deathly silent. The air was so toxic that I nearly found it impossible to breathe.

"He wanted me to kill you."

I don't know what reaction I was expecting but he only just hummed and continued his treatment while being deep in thought.

"What about you? Did your boss want you to kill me?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I don't have a boss I am my own boss. Only I can decide what I do and who I kill. And no princess, no one told me to kill you. I wanted too?" So many questions started burning inside of me that I only had to ask.

"And do you still?"

"What?" He says looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed. "Do you still want to kill me?"

He looked deeply into my eyes not bothering to me his hand from my jaw. "I-." His thumb caressed my jaw as I searched his perfect blue eyes for answers.