Chapter 21

I smiled at myself as I walked in the large ballroom

I smiled at myself as I walked in the large ballroom. I didn't want to brag but I looked pretty and I wasn't ashamed to admit it. I had done my makeup quite well and my hair looked like a professional did it thanks to my aunts. Of course, my cousins went to professionals for their hair and makeup. I didn't see the need to go to all of that effort. But I know they only did it in hopes of catching a males attention. The ball was like how my brothers explained it to me. All males and females wore masks matching their luscious outfits. I made sure to breathe in as I admired the beautiful exterior.

My brothers were determined to never leave my side. Though I know they are probably as well secretly intrigued by the extravagant females in the room. "Go have fun I will be fine." All three of them looked hesitant. "Oh, stop your worrying! John, you have a fiancé out there who is probably waiting for you." Before they could protest I pushed them away. My brothers called out before they disappeared in the crowd. "Just be safe Angel! There will be lots of dangerous men here."

"Yeah like me." I spun around only to be greeted by my pink haired friend. Jace was wearing a dark green suit with a black eye mask. "How on earth did you get in here." I laughed walking over to him. "I pulled a few strings with the sexy guard." He winked only furthering my amusement. "Besides I had to watch my little birdy spread her wings with all these sexy alpha men in this room." I giggled as he scanned the room licking his lips. 

"So where is this fam!" he asked evilly rubbing his hands together. "socialising and flirting with poor innocent souls. I seriously feel sorry for whoever ends up with the devil twins." Jace chuckled.

I and Jace ended up hiding up in the balcony so we could look down and watch all my cousins and brothers. The cringe on my face was evident as I watched Diego already making out with a blonde-haired girl. John looked like he was acting much more like a gentleman as he listened to the brunette next to him. Who I could only presume is my new sister in law. The girl was very pretty and John looked happy which made me happy.

Juan was probably the most uninterested in the event as he was talking to Mathew, Vince and Sam. This night was going to be a long night. Laura was talking with a respectable looking boy. While the twins were pretty harassing a group of boys who looked more scared the intrigued.

I and Jace laughed and joked as we were pretty much-making fun of everything. Including my parents who were sitting in a special area designed for all the 'adults' to sit back and watch. The whole ball was bizarre but it was a tradition what has been going on for centuries. "come on Ange lets go down and join in the fun! There are so many men and girls in there what are just waiting for my charm." I bit back a coy remark. Not wanting to dent his ego.

"Fine let's go but as soon as I get asked to dance I am moving straight back into our hiding place. Cause nowhere in hell am I dancing with a horny boy." Laughing we both went to the buffet serving ourselves with drinks. Some of the boys looked surprised as I quite literally stuffed my face with food. Most girls avoid the buffet because they want to look 'pretty' and 'ladylike'.