Chapter 47

No one can predict what happens in life

No one can predict what happens in life... No one can. no matter how much power or how much money you have. The future is inevitable and will always remain unknown. Everything was black. It was cold, lonely and absolutely bone-chilling. There was no light, no brightness and no hope.

I was stuck in my mind.

I could hear voices and people around me. I could smell a familiar disgusting odour. The floor beneath me was dirty and I could feel the mud beneath my fingers.

"Let my daughter go!"

"What do you want from us? Who are you?!"

The cries from the people were getting louder and more desperate. The cries sank my heart, feeling more painful than the tight chains around my wrists and legs.

"Please don't hurt her! Whatever your issue is with us please don't take them out on my daughter. Hurt me... KILL ME FOR ALL I CARE!"

I opened my eyes slowly, grunting loudly as I sat up. Shots of pain travelled up my spine causing me to cough. "Look who's up."

It was worse than a nightmare, it was real. The thing I was terrified of happening for the last eight years is happening. All my family was locked in a small cell with bars surrounding them. Jace was chained to the wall facing me with a pitiful look. I only realised now how bad this was. I was chained to the ground with barely any room to stand or move. I was head to toe covered in blood and bruises. The only guess I can make is that Tony had his fun whilst I was unconscious.

Coward.

Despite my body protests, I stood up looking deadly into the boss's eyes.

"nice to see you awake my dear princess, I was afraid my men took it too far. You know how they have quite a mighty grudge on you." He smirked.

I spat to my left and balled my fists while looking at the boss. "I wish I could say it was nice to see you too." I spat sourly.

"LET HER GO!" Papa screamed while banging on the bars. "My daughter is innocent."

Boss and tony laughed humorously at my family's naïve mistake. They still didn't know... they still don't understand that I am the reason they are here. "Oh, you stupid fools." Boss chuckled as he stalked towards me. "Your daughter isn't your daughter nor is she innocent."

Step by step he smirked turning his back to my distressed confused family. My brothers were trying to break the bars, my cousins were trying to scream and yell. My uncles kept a deadly emotionless face while my aunties were crying hysterically. My parents were no better, mamma was trying to break free, and papa looked furious. "she is a soldier, a monster, more of a warrior than any of you fools combined." He caressed my cheek as he was now directly in front of me. He smirked at me evilly ignoring my deadly stare before turning back to my family.