Chapter 19

Broken... when you see me you see a happy girl who has a big loving family. You see me smiling, laughing being a lady. You see me bite my tongue. When I look in the mirror I don't see this. I see a broken girl... A girl with no hope, no future, no trust. Everyone who sees me gets fooled by the smile I plaster on. But it is only me who sees past that and gets consumed by my eyes looking at my own pain. My eyes have no longer a light in them...

The light died out a long time ago.

Punch, punch after punch I hit the sand-filled bag with all my strength. Tears threatened to fall but I didn't care I only punched. Why did Blaze have to go into hiding? Why did I get put into this mess? Why couldn't I just kill this jerk? I threw my gloves onto the ground and paced around our gym. Everyone was asleep so it was just me and the boxing bag. I pulled my hair as I tried to grasp as much oxygen as possible.

Five months

I walked into the kitchen and drank a glass of water desperately. "wow what are you doing up." I looked behind me and John was standing there with his arms crossed. "getting water." I shrugged taking another gulp. "why are you in your gym clothes? It is 1 am." sighing I put my glass down. "I needed to do something." He turned on the light and I only now see the concern in his eyes. "are you sure you're ok?" I gripped my hair frustratedly.

"I am fine why is everyone asking me that." I deadpanned. His lips twitched up as his eyes softened. "because you are our baby sister and we need to make sure you're ok." Had I not been hiding my demons well enough? "You can't protect me from everything." I spilled bluntly. He raised his eyebrows looking at me absently. "But overall I am ok." For a minute he looked at me. his eyebrows were furrowed while he was trying to figure me out. My walls don't crumble I stood strong with no expression.

"ok, Angelina." He sighed. "are you ok?" I asked making him smile. "I will be once I know that you are actually ok." I rolled my eyes and playfully bumped his shoulder. He shook his head smiling at me. "How about you stay in my bed and we can watch a movie until you fall asleep." It had been so long since I had last spent actually decent quality time with my brothers. "ok."

I got changed quickly and morphed myself into his soft covers. "hey that is my side of the bed." I ignored him and only snuggled more into the warmth. He chuckled and turned off the lights climbing in next to me. "What movie do you want to watch?" He asked softly. "Let's watch the avengers." He grinned at my choice and put the movie on his laptop. He wrapped me in his arms and held me close to him as we watched the movie.

"Ready to go home, princess?" Angelina nodded furiously. She hadn't seen her family in one whole week. They didn't know where she was alike how she didn't know where they were. Were they looking for her? Were they hurt? Did they hurt them? "Yes, please sir." No emotion was placed in her words. The boss only laughed at her eagerness as Tony just looked at her hungrily. Angelina sunk further in her seat in fear. From the corner of her eyes, she could see the boy called Jace look at her with concern.