Chapter 57

the rainbow after the storm

"This is finished boss. You have lost." I point my gun directly towards his head as does everyone else. With so many guns pointing towards him I had expected for him to show some sort of fear.

But nothing...

"Fear is for the weak."

He put his arms up in surrender but nothing could wipe the gleaming smile on his face. It was a sick twisted smile that made my stomach turn with vile. "Oh you silly girl you don't actually think you have won do you?"

Blaze then walked closer to him so that his gun was making direct skin contact on his head. "Get down you bastard." He hissed.

Boss chuckled and knelt to the ground. "Ah Blaze, my training definitely became you." My eyebrows furrowed as my grip around my handgun tightened.

"Just fucking kill him!" Jace screamed as he started to charge towards him. However Vince and Juan were quick to grab him. Boss smirked at Jace as he was shuddering with tears. You could just see that the world around him and inside of him was crumbling.

He was completely and utterly broken.

"Oh you stupid boy. You really were nothing but a pathetic little sidekick." Boss snickered as he shook his head with disapproval. Blaze pressed the gun harder into his head with warning. This was all just another sick and twisted game of bosses.

Trying to get into our minds.

"You don't actually think this is over do you."

"Oh we know it is." Enzo sneered. Boss's wicked smile grew wider and you could nearly see the gleam in his eyes glow brighter.

"This battle may be over, yes, and this may be my end. But if you think the war has finished then you all are simply foolish." He paused for a moment, studying all of our expressions.

We all gave him nothing.

"As you know my beautiful princess, I always had a plan. Always a person to take over me. You may think that the battle is over but this war will never be over. I have half of the mafias in the world on my side and they are that power hungry. They will never stop, as well as countless over stupid bloodthirsty rodents. So what I am trying to say is that although you kill me, this war will never end." He gleams.

"It is only the beginning."

And without a second thought I let my finger push down the trigger. His body fell down to the ground with a big thud and as I watched the pool of blood around him grow bigger. I couldn't help the feeling in my stomach. I had a feeling what he was saying was true.

This was only the start.

"It's over." I whispered to myself weakly. My eyes shut quickly as Jace's cries were almost unbearable to hear. When I peered my eyes open they were met with another set of icy blue eyes. No words or anything were able to leave my lips.