Chapter 45

left behind..

I sat in the front passenger seat of Cole's car staring at my reflection in the cars vanity mirror

I sat in the front passenger seat of Cole's car staring at my reflection in the cars vanity mirror. I sat silently studying the new features of the stranger in front of me as I watched Cole in the diner, on the phone talking to someone. I just hope it isn't to Blaze because I know for a fact that I do not want him knowing what I was about to commit tonight.

I wanted to get out of the car and run away. My head still fixated on new ways to end things. Before I could, Cole came strolling in the car with a lazy smile on his face and handed me a big brown bag. I wish I could be as carefree and full of life as he. I wished that I could be happy.

I want to be happy again. But the only time I was truly happy was with Blaze. He took the darkness out of my life and replaced it with light. But sadly I know I will never get that again. My stupid self-made sure of that.

I miss him...

I want him...

I stared at Cole with tears threatening to spill my eyes... I had a shaky hand on the doorknob and another one clutching the brown bag he gave me. I sighed painfully as I leaned back into the seat and wiped my tears roughly.

"You want to run?" He asked with disbelief. He was disappointed in me and to be fair I was disappointed in me too. "I'm trying to help you, please stop trying to run from this anymore. Stop trying to push all of us away. Otherwise, it is only going to catch you and swallow you whole." He scolded like a typical parent. I was grateful for his efforts but the only thing I was able to say was.

"It already has."

"No angel! It hasn't because you feel this?" he asked placing my hand over my chest. "Do you feel your heart beating?" he asked again. I shook my head wanting to deny it.

"This is you, angel! You are alive. If I hadn't found you tonight, you would be dead. I'm not sure about you Angel. But that fact alone scares the hell out of me. You can't die angel... you just c-can't"

Guilt suddenly swarmed through me. he kept constantly telling me how my dying, scares him. But did I really believe him? Or was he just saying this so he wouldn't have it on his conscious? As I sat and stared at him, I then realised. Here he was with his own eyes full of tears. He was about to cry because of me, I felt extremely guilt-ridden. I was hurting him.

"I am sorry," I whispered. "I just.... I don't know, I-I." I didn't have words or an explanation. I did not know what to say.

"Trust me, I know... all I want from you is to understand and to believe me. you deserve the whole world and so much more." He said with compassion and grabbed my hand in his."

I suddenly cleared my throat and looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Why did you follow me up there anyway? Did Blaze tell you to follow me or was it just a coincidence?"