Chapter 4

Making promises

Nothing but dead ends and loose ties the man was a ghost who left no trails behind

Nothing but dead ends and loose ties the man was a ghost who left no trails behind. I used every code and went through every record but everything led to nothing. I have only had three hours of sleep my body was exhausted but my mind was wide awake.

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU PUT IT!" I groaned as I sat up wiping the sleep out of my eyes. My door slammed open in running a frantic Diego. "Angel you have to hide me." Diego pushed me in front of him using me as a human shield.

"GET THE FUCK BACK HERE YOU estúpido!" (asshole!) Juan screamed shaking the walls with his anger. I tried shaking Diego off but he only held me tighter. Sometimes my brothers are lucky that they don't meet my angry side. "what did you do?"

Juan stormed in my room with his eyes burning glares as he looked at Diego who was behind me. "Give me your phone," Juan growled taking one step forward cracking his knuckles. I rolled my eyes and turned around to look at the culprit. "what did you do to poke the bear?" he smiled cheekily and winked back at Juan who was looking ready to kill him.

"delete the photo you mother fucker or I will smash your face." I quickly stopped Juan and put myself in the middle of my two crazy brothers. "but you looked so adorable." Diego whined as he pulled out his phone and showed me a photo of Juan sleeping. I stifled a giggle trying my best not to provoke my angry brother even more. "see your like a chubby baby with all of that sexy drool I just couldn't resist to not take a photo. I thought maybe I could send it to one of your girlfriends" I could already see Diego's gravestone. Juan's eyes had never been darker that they were now it was only a matter of time before fists start swinging.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!" John's deep voice shook the walls startling all of us. John walked holding a strong deadly aura. "Mamma pacifically told you, boys, to let Angelina sleep. Did you not listen or are you guys really that inconsiderate of your little sister?" My idiot brothers eyes softened and they looked at me sympathetically. I wanted to scoff or say something but just as always, I remained silent.

"Sorry sis." Diego kissed my head lovingly and Juan took that as a chance to try and snatch the phone. But John was already a step ahead because he snatched the phone himself and shoved it in his pocket. "HEY! Give back my phone who said you can take it."

"I don't need an order or permission besides what do you think Papa would do if he heard you speaking that vulgar language in front of Angelina." I rolled my eyes and walked away sometimes it is impossible to tolerate my brothers. They always talk and act as if I am just some delicate flower for them to protect.

They don't know anything.

"where is Mamma and Papa" I asked as I got my gym bag from my closet which was filled with all of my equipment. "Mamma went to Moretti mansion to visit grandma and papa flew out this morning." I stopped packing and looked up at him with a frown.