Chapter 49

Excepting nothing

Excepting nothing.... It is a lesson that everyone must learn. Expectations are what leads to disappointment and heartbreak. Having expectations is what makes people break, what causes people to turn to their lowest points. But if you don't expect anything, you will never be let down. It is something I have learnt in the eight years, a survival tactic. But the world always seemed to be against that. Throwing me more challenges, the world knows I will never get up from. my family and Jace still have hope, they still have some expectations that we will all get out from here. Expecting that was their first mistake.

"How does it feel bitch!" A soldier screamed in my face. letting little balls of spit fall onto my face. I felt revolted. In myself, and for my family. My back was on full exposure to them. They had a full view of the whip connecting to my back.

"Go fuck yourself," I grunted. I was never going to show my weak side. I was never going to give in to them. Because that's how you die... when you show weakness, when you show your human.

You fall...

Tainted Hands.

Juan's point of view:

Running away was something I always thought about when I was little

Running away was something I always thought about when I was little. Just to get away... I never wanted part of this world. No... I wanted a normal life. I wanted to grow in a simple home, in a nice neighbourhood with kids and weird friendly neighbours. I wanted to be able to have a girlfriend. Take her to the movies, go for late-night drives and open up to someone. I wanted to go to college and have a football scholarship. But no... Instead, I am driven to be a puppet. Mamma and papa said we all have a choice... no we don't. That is the biggest load of shit they have ever told us. If you are born into this world, no matter how old, what rank, what gender, you will always be a puppet. 

And once, I tried. But every time I stepped foot out of the stupid mansion and into my car. I would see her; I would see them. I would see my little innocent vulnerable sister and my two brothers. It would remind me each time why I couldn't do it... they didn't notice, because no one would care. No one said they were worried or they wanted me to stay.