Chapter 24

A new fire burned in me making the acceleration strive through my veins more powerfully

A new fire burned in me making the acceleration strive through my veins more powerfully. It was weirder than weird. Every time I thought about him my heart just got lighter. My mind was all over the place in all sorts. But at some point, it all came together recognising that what Boss said was a hint. He gave me this mission to give me the free opportunity to kill him. It wasn't just a mission but it was my responsibility, my duty. I can't let my family down or myself I need to get this over with.

Why does my heart hurt?

"Ready?" I nodded and I and Jace headed out taking our positions in the shadows. Both of us with black masks and black outfits making as invisible to the world. Right now, there was no one in sight but a few guard patrolling around the big brick building.

"Wow, the Boss wasn't wrong when they said your family will be involved." I snatched Jace's binoculars looking directly to where one of Austria's leaders were standing. Sure, enough my papa and uncle Enzo were shaking hands and looked like they were exchanging some sort of deal. "Did they say anything about a deal to you?" I looked at Jace like he was stupid then looked back at my family. "What do you think Jace. Of course, they wouldn't tell me or consult me in anything to with the family. I am a girl and if anything, I am the youngest. Not to mention I have had a few little breathing issues in the forbid. Which to them makes me to them a little broken princess" He nodded giving me a sad look.

Another minute passed and sure enough, my brothers and my eldest cousin Vince welcomed themselves to the 'meeting'. My eyes never left their exchange and I watched them closely trying to avoid any deep hidden emotion inside of me. "Hey look!" Jace snapped me out of my thoughts and we bent down lower in our positions. I used the binoculars to look at the buildings around me and by now I could spot assassins looking directly at the same spot we were. My grip around my gun tightened as I looked at my family with worry.

No matter what I need to protect them.

"Looks like we have some good ole competition on our hands." I smiled goofily bumping Jace's head. "Well then come on booger we have a 'competition' to win." He scowled but followed me as I walked to the small vent door. He helped me open the door quietly but then opened up his laptop bringing up all the cameras and alarms. "Keep me informed! And also keep the lookout for any boneless dickheads called Blaze." He saluted making me click my tongue. "You mean to keep the lookout for your secret Romeo." He teased.

This buffoon was never going to give that up!

Green-headed annoying pigheaded dumb booger.

I crinkled my nose in disgust. These vents were as disgusting as Diego's bedroom and that's pretty bloody disgusting. I managed to successfully pass the vents with ease. I was now completely thankful that we decided to take this path. It helped us keep hidden and by the sounds of the now and again gunshots. I can that other assassins have not had the same luck.