Chapter 5

Missing memories

Time was already passing too quickly and I already feel like time was closing in on me

Time was already passing too quickly and I already feel like time was closing in on me. I haven't found anything yet and neither has Jace. We were both surrounded by the same fear and anxiety. Fearing the lies, the secrets and the untrusting Boss and his sadist friend Tony. It has already been one week and no moves have been made.

He was truly a ghost...

I let out a frustrated groan as I had just led myself into another dead end. I wanted to scream and throw my laptop. Everything was hopeless making feel completely worthless. I am used to being in control. I have never had trouble finding my target until now.  It makes me restless and the uneasiness feeling was starting to sink into my veins. "Hey, sis."

"what?" I snapped out in frustration and as I turned around I was met with Diego's disapproving eyes. He stalked closer to me towering me with his large frame. "Watch the attitude." I felt my hands turn into tight fists but as Diego's narrowed eyes lumbered over me so I just sighed in defeat. "sorry." I hate letting everyone control me but it is something out of my control. "It's ok! Mamma told us that you accidentally skipped your dinner so I brought it up for you." I smiled gratefully and shut my laptop as he placed my dinner down.

"So, what are you working on?" Diego asked as he sat down on my bed. I looked up from my plate and smiled. "just some boring schoolwork what the teacher gave us last minute." He chuckled and slumped back into my bed. "Thank God I am finished with High School that shit drove me crazy." I laughed along and played with the casserole using my fork.

"so, what's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows and gave him a confused look. "Nothing, why do you ask?" He shrugged then grabbed the basketball what was sitting beside my bed. "You have just been acting off." He replied sheepishly giving a warm smile which was full of concern. I walked over to him and sat down beside him giving him a tight hug. "Nothing is wrong bubba, I promise I am ok." I might have convinced my brother but the one person who I didn't convince was myself.

"Good but just remember you always have me if you want to talk about anything." Out of all the brothers Diego had always been the one who I can talk too. He always understood and listened to me and he let me let out all of my emotions. People would think having brothers would be joyful and cute and in some cases, I am sure that is the case. But it is not mine not only do I have older brothers but they are all triplets. They all share this weird bond which strangely makes them even more protective.   "Thanks, bro and the same goes for you." I gently nudged him with my elbow and wiggled my eyebrows to lighten the mood. He scoffed loudly and pushed me away.

He looked at my old basketball then gave me a funny look. "You know I haven't seen you play in forever you used to love basketball." His playful smile turned into a slight frown. "well after you, Juan, John and Dad forced me to quit just because you thought it was too 'dangerous' I guess I have just focused on other things and haven't given a thought about it." there was slight venom laced in my voice and I shook it off with sarcasm. It wasn't fair to lash all of my inner anger on Diego. He was only trying to spend some time with me and have a conversation. He cleared his throat and looked at me with a serious look before he spoke up. "well perhaps maybe sometime soon we can all have a game."