Chapter 42

Sinking

Sadness

Sadness

Anger

Repulsion

But it is all for me. Her eyes, her voice, her scars never leave my head. She thought my love for her was a lie... she thought my heart falling for her was false. But I couldn't blame her for that. She knows the history of my past; she knows the vile things my family would do.

My father was despicable. He cast me off the day I was born and pretended I never existed. My mother saw me as a bastard, a child she could never love or want. My stepfather was the only one who took me under his care. Although his methods were cruel, he showed me he cared. The things he did was so that I could be strong enough to defeat my demons.

"Because of you... I have been trying to decide between my family and you. Do you know how hard that is? But now I know that all this time you have had a plan of your own. You wanted me to fall in love with you just so you can take your revenge on me and my family. Because you wanted to do something that your family couldn't. so explain to me Blaze... WHY?!"

I caused her so much pain and self-torture. I knew the pain she was going through each day. Trying to decide if I or her family was more worth it. but for my own selfish reasons, I lied to her. I didn't tell her the truth she deserved to know I and for that reason alone.

I lost her.

It's only been 5 days since I lost the only happiness I had and every day has been torture. It was the worst pain I had ever felt. Stronger than my mothers and father grief, stronger than my father's abandonment, stronger than my uncle's abuse. Her hatred towards me is worse than a bullet to the chest.

"what are you doing man?" I ignored Cole and kept my eyes focussed. She looked effortlessly beautiful. Every time she smiled my heart jumped. Giving me the shot I need to feel alive.

"Nothing." I had to make sure she was safe. I promised her I would leave her family and Jace alone. But I never promised that I wouldn't make sure she is ok.

"Blaze you need to sort this out. You're killing yourself!" Cole scolded but I knew by the concern in his voice. That he is just caring. "when is the last time you showered? When is the last time you ate?"

I rolled my eyes and trained my eyes as I saw her move and walk towards her family members. "you need to talk to her Blaze."

"Do you not think I have not tried?!" His eyes widened and slight fear. "Do you know how it feels? Seeing your only happiness be terrified of you? How do you think it feels when I see her pure hatred? It fucking kills me." He went to say something, but I stood up slowly stalking towards him.

"You know nothing about me nor my pain. She was everything to me. I fucking loved her. I wanted to spend my entire life with her. I didn't care about revenge or my uncle. I only cared about her. And now I have lost her forever." He saw my pain. He saw the aching dagger pierced through my heart. He saw my grief.