eighteen last cigarettes!

Louis please...you know this won't help you..."Dorothea said as she desperately followed the boy out of the room, trying to stop him from fulfilling his plan"If anything it will make things worse"

"Relax...everything is going to be fine...it's just one cigarette"Louis said as he put his hand in his right pocket, taking out a cigarette and waving it in front of the girl.

"That's what you said the last time and look where that got you"Dorothea stated as she grabbed the cigarette out
of his hand, Louis going more down the hall, while the girl followed two steps behind.

"And look...I'm still alive" Louis said as he turned, now walking backwards just so he could face the girl and wave towards her a whole packet of cigarettes that was hidden in his left pocket.

"Don't you dare and play that card with me...you know we ALL care about you, we care about you so much, yet you still go out and do reckless shit like this"Dorothea glared at the boy, shaking her head disapprovingly, more and more furious at him by each word

"We can keep doing this forever Louis, fighting for you, but if you don't actually do something...it's worthless"

"Here's a tip for you then...stop caring and let me live my life" Louis said as he entered the elevator, while the girl stood outside trying to get some sense into the boy, before once again, it was too late.

"Louis...I beg of you...don't do this"

"It's too late...the damage has already been made" Louis wouldn't listen, the elevator door started closing. The boy gave the girl a teasing wave before he was out of her sight completely.
...
Louis ran out of the building and down the streets of winter wonderland that New York held at this time of year.

Truth be told, Louis was never a fan of this time of the year, all this commotion, rush, craze, all for a holiday that would just like many days in our lives, come and go.

Louis was a simple guy, he never asked for much, nor felt like he needed much to live his life just fine.

He was always seen in his denim jacket that his uncle Richard...or as he called him Richie, gave him for his sixteenth birthday, alongside red converse that Clementine and Alexander loved making fun of. His hair was held back by gel, but you could tell that it was barely holding on due to all of the wind that was came with this weather.

He wasn't the smartest kid in school, but he got through just fine. His heart was set out for music and people could see just how passionate he was about it.

His guardians as the state called them...or how Louis loved to have a poke at...guardian angels, but most importantly, mother and father got him into a music school, always being his biggest supporters when it came to him and his dreams.

However, his need for cigarettes, they could never understand why a seventeen year old like him would need it...To be honest, Louis didn't see it either, until the night of his sixteenth birthday.

When asked later, Louis would state "I smoke for the feeling", people tried to decode, to get him to explain. When nothing worked, the pushed it away, going along the lines of "He got addicted and feels ashamed to admit it"

"Shit" Louis went through all of his pockets only to realise that he had forgotten his lighter...he repeated the action once again, only to notice that his wallet also wasn't there.

The boy looked back, glancing at the building he had just left, before turning around and continuing his stroll down the streets of Manhattan.

Louis knew that there was no way of him getting back inside for that lighter, especially after the argument he and Dorothea had, not to mention that others could've easily came back, joining the blonde that was left upstairs.