i'm so tired...of prom?!

"Harry, how long are you gonna sit around and mope, before you join us on the dance floor?"

Niall asked as he approached Harry, his long time best friend, who was currently sitting at one of the tables, drinking the punch and observing the other teens who were out there, having fun.

"I told you, I'm not in the mood to dance" Harry sighed, as he looked down at his plastic cup and pass Niall to the crowd.

"Listen Haz, I'm really sorry that Louis couldn't come to prom with you, but that doesn't mean I'll let you sit around like this while you can be out there with us, actually having fun" Niall said as he sat down next to the boy, getting his attention, turning around to face the new brunette, that same saddened expression on his face.

To explain it a bit better, Harry Styles has been in a relationship, with his other long time best friend, Louis Tomlinson.

They've known each other since birth, their mothers being best friends and all.

Both families wanted for Louis and Harry to be together ever since they did a performace at their talent show in middle school.

It took them two years after that event to get together, to be exact: Harry's sweet sixteen, when Harry pulled Louis out of the pool, kissing him.

Alongside the friendship of the two, as long as they could remember, Louis' has been into music, it was one of his main passions (other being Harry of course) and during their junior year, he got signed with Columbia records and that's when his career blew up.

It blew up so much, that during their senior year, Louis was set to do a tour across Europe, including couple of US states.

That also meant that Louis would have to manage both school and preperation for tour, including the tour itself, which also meant he would be missing out on a lot of things. One now being their senior prom.

Louis actually insisted on coming after he saw how much it meant to his boyfriend, it would've meant he had to reschedule couple of tour dates, but he was willing to do anything if it made Harry happy.

Harry has always been suportive of Louis' career, he knew how much this meant to him, so at times like this he had to 'suck it up' and 'put a brave face on', but he was willing to do anything if it made Louis happy. So he told him to stay on tour.

And that's how we got here:
senior prom, Harry, sitting with his punch, the talk.

"I know, but it's our senior prom, we're leaving this place for good...and it really sucks that he isn't here" Harry finally spoke up, causing the boy to straighten up a bit, clapping his hands as he continued talking.

"Finally, you're actually telling us the truth, which you should've also told him, he asked you many times if you were okay with it"

It was true. Louis wasn't willing to go on tour unless he checked to see at least a few times if Harry was okay with it. Their whole friend group, that was now on the dance floor alongside Niall, has been trying to help Louis and check on him, but when the answers kept staying.

"I'm fine"
"Don't worry about me"
"Go on tour and have fun"

They gave up and let it be.

"I just couldn't do it Niall, he's been working very hard for this tour, for everything to be perfect, so I could what, pull him away from it because I wanted to go to prom, get all dressed up, take photos and dance the night away with him" Harry asked looking down at his hands, not being able to look the Irish teen in the eyes.

Niall sighed, taking the boys hands and giving him a reassuring smile.

"Harry, that's the thing, you've been nothing, but supportive of him, he's been doing this for a while and you've never once complained...he is your boyfriend and it's okay to be selfish every once in a while"