a dinner to remember!

"Anne, are you sure you don't need any help with the dinner, it's no problem really"Louis asked as him and Harry's mum, Anne were talking in the kitchen.

"Louis, you are such a sweet kid, I don't need help in the kitchen, but if you want, you can always set up the table with Gemma"Anne said smiling at the boy who gladly nodded going to the dinning room.

Anne Twist was a mother of his best friends Harry and Gemma Styles. Louis and the Styles siblings have been friends practically since the womb, with their mothers being best friends since they were fifteen. The two families were so close that Anne treated Louis like her own son and vice verse. She even wanted him to be her son in law one day. Anne and Johannah being one of the biggest shippers (ever).

"Hey Louis, what's up?"Gemma asked as the boy entered the dining room.

"Just offered your mum to help out"Louis said and Gemma rolled her eyes, playfully hitting his arm.

"You're such a suck up...you know that"Gemma chuckled slightly while Louis kept setting the plates.

"She adores you, I swear to god, she is planning for you to become a part of this family"Gemma continued on causing both of them to start laughing a bit.

"Well I feel honoured"Louis said smiling while Gemma kept laughing.

"Hey...don't worry, Harry will soon get out of that closet and hubby you up"Gemma said causing Louis to start blushing furiously.

"Gemma Anne?!"Louis gasped in shock causing Gemma to smirk as she was about to walk of.

In that moment a door bell rang, causing Gemma and Louis to exchange a confused look.

Gemma decided to be the one to open the door, but she certainly didn't expect what was on the other side. Gemma turned towards Louis and he could see the sudden change in her mood so he approuched the door, only to see, Harry Styles having an arm wrapped around some girl.

Gemma and Louis just stood there dumbfounded, while the girl looked between the two and Harry.

"Oh Harry, what do we have here?"Anne asked as she walked out of the kitchen, just as surprise as Gemma and Louis.

"Mum, Gems and Lou, this is Mackenzie, my girl...friend, yeah"Harry said and that's when Gemma and Louis exchanged a look, not saying a thing.

Anne didn't seem to have a better reaction either.

"Hello, I am Mackenzie, it's so nice to meet you all, Hazzy has told me so much about you"Mackenzie said as she went to hug Gemma and Anne, when she stopped at Louis, rolling her eyes in a not so subtle way.

"Hazzy?"Gemma mouthed to Louis shaking her head disapprovingly.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think Harry has told me about you"Mackenzie said giving Louis a polite (more like very forced) smile.

"Oh of course I have, this my Lou...this is Louis, my best friend, we've quite literally been through everything"Harry said smiling at Louis, earning back almost as forced as Mackenzie's smile.

"Oh Louis, I am sorry, it must have slipped my mind, it's really nice to meet you though"Mackenzie said as she hugged him, you could feel the tension, you could cut it with a knife.

"I actually invited Mackenzie for dinner, hope you have a seat for one more at the table"Harry said laughing awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck.

"How conveniently because I actually have to go home, my parents are out of town-"Louis was about to make up this huge excuse when Anne cut him off.

"Nonsense Louis, you're practically family, you're going to stay over tonight and join us for dinner"Anne said as she smiled at the boy, who know couldn't do anything, but smile back and nod his head.
...
"And that's how I won my first dance championship"Mackenzie said as she started laughing at her story, Harry and Robin laughing as well, Anne following along. Gemma looked at Louis who was poking his food on the plate.

"So how did you two kids meet?"Robin asked as he looked between the two.

"Oh funny story, Hazzy and I had math together for a year and one day I was late to class and the only seat that was available was the one next to Hazzy, so I sat down and we just started talking, afterwards he invited me for coffee at this cute little coffee shop, Tommy's I think"Mackenzie said as happily as she looked at Harry while telling the story.

Now here is the thing. Louis stayed calm and silent for the entire time Mackenzie was here. He listened to everything she said, he watched her and Harry smile at each other, poke each other, even finish one another's sentences. But a thing he couldn't handle was Harry taking her to that coffee shop. That was his last straw.

"Still waiting for the funny part"Gemma mumbled to Louis before he pulled out his chair.

"I'll get the dessert"Louis said and Anne smiled at him before nodding her head.

"I'll help him"Gemma stated, following behind.
...
"Out of all the fucking places in this goddamn town, he had to take her to OUR coffee shop"Louis muttered angrily as he was cutting cake.

"Maybe you should stay away from the knife"Gemma said as she came to him taking the knife out of his hand and placing it down on the counter.

"I just can't believe him, how could he do this to us" Louis said as he looked down at the floor, his hands pressed on the counter, while Gemma approached him giving him a hug

"How could he do that to me?" Louis asked turning towards Gemma "He met this girl five minutes ago and is already throwing everything for her"

"Lou" Gemma said as she she looked at her best friend, sadness for him clear on her face

"Is our friendship even important to him?"

"Your friendship means the world to him"

a voice said from behind them causing both Gemma and Louis to turn around, of course it was none other than...Harry Styles.

"I'm going to wait in the dining room" Gemma said walking pass Louis and her brother mumbling "You better make this right"

"Hey" Harry said as he still stood in the same place, while Louis turned around focusing on the cake.

"Hi Hazzy" Louis said in a mocking way still not looking at Harry.

"Can we just talk?" Harry asked as he went towards Louis who sighed before he turned towards Harry

"I don't know Harry, to me it seems like we already are"

and back to his cake.

Harry approached him only to hug him from behind placing his chin on Louis' shoulder.

"I'm sorry I took her to our coffee shop" Harry whispered into Louis's ear, causing the older's guard to drop down a bit "She saw it and wanted to go in, I don't know why I just didn't stop her"

"I really care about you, like a lot and I didn't want to hurt you in any way"Harry said and Louis sighed before he sturned his head towards the younger.

"But you did"Louis said and Harry's face had worry written all over it.

"I did, oh god I feel horrible, what did I do? Please tell me, I want to fix it...no, I'm going to fix it, I promise" Harry said and Louis shook his head looking down at the cake and once again at him.

"I just don't understand that if you were going to be with anybody, why wouldn't it be me?" Louis said and Harry's worry was all of a sudden...gone. He smiled as he placed a hand on Louis' cheek and connected their lips into a kiss.

As they pulled away from the kiss, they couldn't stop smiling at each other.

"Finally" Anne said as she took her phone out "I need to tell Jay all about it"