Chapter 44

This chapter is a little late.. I'm sorry. I got caught up in watching True Beauty lmaoooo.

ALSO WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO PARK JIMIN?! I get a notification every second.

BUT IT IS REALLY GREAT SEEING HIM SO ACTIVE ON WEVERSE..

*also, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!*

AUTHOR'S POV: JUNGKOOK

"Hyung are you sure about it?" Jungkook asked Taehyung for the millionth time.

"Yes of course I am Jungkookie.. he told me he was gonna come here." Taehyung said.

"You know what she told me on the way?" Jungkook asked, "she went out with Liam.."

"Oh don't tell me they're dating." Taehyung said.

"No they're not.. But I feel like I'm robbing her of the happiness in case this turns out to be a no-go.. and it'll all be because of you hyungie" Jungkook said.

Jimin had probably mentioned it to Taehyung that he was planning to come to this very restaurant and Taehyung had been hell bent on making y/n and Jimin meet at least once, much to Jungkook's disapproval.

But then Taehyung made puppy dog eyes at Jungkook and he couldn't refuse.

Neither Jimin nor y/n knew about this.. and Jungkook and Taehyung were only hoping that they would end up meeting. It was a totally flawed plan, with no back ups.

"You're not robbing anyone of their happiness.. Only helping two people find their happiness Jungkookie." Taehyung said.

"Yeah but have you seen him yet? Did he show up? I've been in this washroom for over 2 minutes now. And it doesn't take that long to pee." Jungkook said.

"No I haven't- Wait. Why the fuck is this dude trying to flirt with y/n?" Taehyung said.

"What?"

But Taehyung had cut the call.

"Yes I know Namjoon hyung. Don't worry about it." Jungkook heard an extremely familiar voice

Oh shit. Jimin hyung. He's here!!

"Yeah okay, I'll talk to you later." Jimin said.

Jungkook was still hiding inside, hoping that Jimin would go out soon. He would most definitely spot y/n because anybody coming out of the washroom would have a clear view of the table.

I hope this goes well...

AUTHOR'S POV: TAEHYUNG

Taehyung was nervous, no, he was terrified of the outcome of this plan.

Nobody wanted Jimin and y/n to get together more than he did. Back when they were together, he had even thought of a few names for their kids.

He knew Jungkook was most definitely mad at him. He knew he couldn't see y/n get hurt again. It's not like Taehyung didn't understand. He cared a lot about y/n too.. but Jungkook couldn't see that. What y/n is to him is exactly what Jimin is to Taehyung. And he was done seeing his best friend hurting. He knew y/n still had feelings towards Jimin.. and Jimin's love for her was never gone either. It was only a matter of time before they found each other again.. so why not now?

Taehyung had told Jungkook that he should get y/n and he would keep a watch from a distance.

He abruptly ended the call with Jungkook when he saw a tall, dark haired man visibly flirting with y/n.

Apparently he had been there a while but Taehyung usually got lost while talking to Jungkook.

He was about to go there but y/n seemed to take pretty good care of it herself so he stayed where he was.

BACK TO YOU:

It hadn't even been one minute since Jungkook had been gone that a lean, tall, good looking guy approached you.

"Good evening. You look gorgeous." he said.

"Seriously? With those dark circles?" you asked.

"Especially with those." he smiled, "why is such a beautiful woman like you sitting all alone?"

I haven't even been here two minutes....

"Well, I'm not alone-"

"I could join you" he said.

"Well, I'm most certainly not alone. I have a date for tonight. Rather two, I have two dates for tonight. One of them just went to the loo and the other would be showing up any minute." you said, flashing a sweet smile at him.

"Oh, I see.. Well in case-"

"No I don't think the need would arise. Thank you for the offer though." you said, smiling again.

"In that case, it was a pleasure to meet you." he put extra emphasis on pleasure, gave you a strained smile and left.

Everyday I get reminded of how allergic I am to people....

You were glad that you could finally take out time to meet Taehyung and Jungkook. Both of them had been acting weird lately.. but then there was nothing normal in your life.. everything was weird.. so you went along with it. Today you were planning to ask them why had they been acting like dorks.

You were barely left for two minutes with your thoughts when you heard a familiar voice greet you;

"Dr. L/n! What a pleasure running into you here!" she chirped.

"Oh Miss Jung! How are you?" you asked while standing up to greet her, "you look lovely."

"Oh, Dr. L/n, I asked you to call me Jessica!" she said, "I've been doing great! And you look beautiful.. It's the first time I'm seeing you without the lab coat." she laughed.

"It honestly feels weird to be out of the lab coat. It's like my second skin now." you grinned.

"No wonder my sister always keeps admiring you." she smiled, "well, how is she doing?"

"Dr. Jung is great. Very dedicated. Everyone told me how she kept the team motivated and led everyone while I was gone." you said.

She smiled as a proud sister should, "I'm happy to hear that. Oh and I got to know about your friend. How is she now?" she asked sincerely.

"They're fine" you smiled, "both of them,  her and the baby."

"That's so good to hear. Well, I'm glad you're back. Your colleagues definitely need their leader. I'll get going now. It was great to meet you." she smiled.

"Have a pleasant evening." you smiled back.

"Oh! How weird is this! All this while I've known you but never asked you your name." she jokingly hit her head with her hand.

But before you could tell her your name;

"Y/n-" someone else had already said it..