Chapter 1

There is a Spotify playlist for this story! The link is in my bio if you'd like to listen to it while reading this book.

Enjoy -

{ ~ }

"Once I claim the throne, I will finally put an end to this tragedy of a place. Everything my parents made will change for the better. People here won't be afraid of the royalty anymore, in fact, they will love me! I shall be the best Queen of them all!"

And with a sudden clap, Princess (y/n) (l/n) dismissed every guard from the large mess hall, except, of course, the one that was assigned to be by her side every day.

"Are you sure you'll be able to maintain the throne without a King by your side?" he asked.

"Positive. I'm more than capable of providing for my own self, and my kingdom, without further help. Besides, there is no one worthy of my time in such ways." she proudly stated. "Why? Are you afraid I'll make things worse?" she asked in an amused tone.

"I've never doubted you, your highness." he assured, a faint blush appearing on her pale cheeks.

Suddenly, the calm atmosphere around the mess hall got ruined by an anxious-filled guard who came rushing through the wooden doors with what seemed to be bad news.

"Your highness, assassins have been found around the castle. It's too dangerous for you to be exposed next to those large windows, you must-"

A loud shattering sound interrupted the guard, making him rush towards the Princess along with the other one, them drawing their swords in front of her body in a protective manner.

"Hand over the Princess and nobody gets hurt." warned the assassin who pointed at her with his crooked sword.

Without hesitation, the guards attacked him, the sound of clashing swords echoing through the hall loudly. After some time he turned around and ran down the halls, the guards chasing after him as he hoped. He glanced outside a window at his friend who was mixed through the crowd, signaling him to make the next move.

Within seconds, his said partner entered the mess hall through the already broken windows, however, he found himself getting stabbed on the back by none other than-

"The Princess?"

He collapsed to the floor, the Princess stepping harder onto his wound with her heavy boot.

"So you tried to assassinate me huh. What on earth would you win from that?"

"My honor." he grunted.

"You could've had your honor back, peasant. I'm not a monster. However, I can be when my life gets threatened."

She took her foot off the guy's back and rushed to the balcony, her eyes widening at the sight. Gladly, the town was further away from her castle so no other lives were threatened, however, some guards were injured and unfortunately, so was the one who protected her throughout the day.

He had been murdered.

"Stop.. stop immediately!" she shouted, everyone obeying her orders.

Finding that as an opportunity, one of the guards took a hold of the assassin who had firstly broken into the castle, and without hesitation he took off his mask and hood after kicking the sword off his hand.

"Seems like we have some scumbags trying to assassinate me even after I made myself clear that there would be execution as punishment." she spoke loudly, but her voice remained stern, "I want that peasant kneeling down in front of me."

Fulfilling her orders, the guards dragged the assassin back into the mess hall, forcing him to fall down to his knees. The Princess entered seconds after and without hesitation, she kicked him on the face, not once, but twice.

"You scum!" she shouted, the assassin wincing at the sound of her voice echoing through the hall. "You murdered the only person I considered worthy of being by my side!"

The assassin glanced at her and then back at the floor, not really caring about the mentioned guard. Not after having killed multiple people throughout his lifetime.

"What's your name, pig."

"Name's Katsuki Bakugou."