Chapter 13

The next morning, (y/n) was waiting for her mentor's visit while sitting patiently on her throne, Bakugou standing next to her as always. Not long after, Aizawa entered the hall and so, she finally spoke up.

"You remember the Monoma's?" she asked and he simply nodded. "All I know is that they accused my parents of having people attack their castle, and they wouldn't listen whenever they tried talking to them. They also demanded money from my parents because they had theirs stolen by the attackers, and when my parents refused to give them the said money, well, they threatened to start a battle. They were always jealous of our successes and status as a royal family, and they wanted to bring us down by making false accusations and such, so they found the attack as the perfect way to take advantage of us." she sighed, taking off her crown and placing it on her lap.

"What was the contract about?"

"Peace. No wars. But by the looks of it," she murmured while signaling for her servant to come forward with the contract, "it expired two days ago."

"So what you're saying is that there might be a war because of some damn money? Just hand them over (y/n)!"

"It's not that simple! All the money I earn from tax payers, my lands, properties and such, I've been planning to spend most of them on fixing everything that my parents messed up and provide better for my people! I can't just give them to those damn money starved Monomas!" she shouted, stress and anger overtaking her. "They want my lands, kingdom.. who knows what else they know about my family.." she tried to hold back tears while covering her face in her palms.

"Send a dinner invitation to the Prince."

Her eyes widened at Aizawa's words.

"There is no way I'm inviting them over Aizawa!"

"Of course, the paint was a warning, but maybe their motives have changed. All those years have passed so you can't really know for sure. But it's better to find out now than later."

She wore her crown once again, glancing at Bakugou who was standing next to her quietly, clearly obeying the rule 'don't speak unless spoken to' when other people are around.

"I'm not sure you're aware, (y/n), but you keep referring to them as a whole. Truth is, the King and Queen passed away some years ago. The Prince, Monoma Neito, is the only one alive."

"You think he is aware of everything?"

"I'm sure of it, unfortunately."

Suddenly, (y/n)'s messenger entered the hall with a small envelope in his hands.

"Your highness, from Prince Monoma Neito."

She felt her heart drop to her stomach and she froze in place from the shock.

"Just in time." Aizawa sighed, taking the envelope from the messenger's hands before dismissing him. "It's an invitation for you, Princess (y/n), guessing by the color of the sealing wax."

"Read it."

He did as asked and when he finished reading it, (y/n) gripped her scabbard so hard that she could feel her knuckles turning white under her gloves.

"So, you need to attend his ball in two days from now."

"Oh God."

...

After exactly two days, (y/n) headed to Prince Monoma's ball, with Bakugou being by her side as usual. Getting out of the carriage, a cold hand took a hold of her gloved one, catching her by surprise, and when she looked up her eyes met with none other than Monoma's.