Chapter 30

Walking around her chamber while tapping her forehead with her fingertips, she tried to think of any alternative ways that she could end the conflict without anyone having to get defeated, or worse, killed.

It would be hard though. Monoma was wicked. It was only going to be his way or no way at all. Her fighting alongside her guards would be perilous.

She sighed and glanced outside the window, her eyes falling on the far away mountains.

"If only we were on a trip right now.." she murmured.

She layed down on her bed and closed her eyes, her mind drifting to the beautiful memories she made with her beloved.

Who would've thought that (y/n) would fall in love. She remembers her mother warning her about men that were only looking forward to pleasing themselves. Who were only looking forward to claim the throne. (y/n) feared being treated like that, hence why she locked her heart.

She smiled to herself while thinking that he actually managed to win her heart. Oh how much she loved him. But of course, she meant the same to him. If only he could buy her the most beautiful dress, the most beautiful shoes. But he knew that she didn't care about that stuff. All she wanted was him, just the way he was. And that's what made his heart belong to her and her only.

...

The next morning she woke up feeling her heart heavier than ever. She took a hot bath to try and calm down her nerves and then got dressed up. Before she left her chamber, her eyes fell on her golden crown that was shining from the morning sun's rays. She brushed her fingers on top of it gently and a saddened smile formed on her lips.

The healer was waiting outside her room with a small tray of tea and a tiny sweet bun. She chuckled at him. How sweet of him to remember that it was her favorite breakfast meal when she was little.

She picked up the small sweet bun with the tips of her fingers and ate it whole, sipping from the cup while walking down the corridors, him following her silently.

"Why the sudden visit?" she asked.

Although he was living in the castle with his wife, the healer would mostly spend time inside his medical room, always prepared for any injured guard or servant, but most importantly, the Queen.

"I'm just worried my dear." he smiled softly.

"I know. I am too." she added, gently placing the teacup on the tray.

"Must it really be a battle? A deadly one even?"

"I'm afraid so. If not then he will continue to take advantage of the fact that he can easily have people hurt others." she sighed, straightening her skirt.

"Do you have to fight as well?"

"I have to." she whispered, taking his hand in hers before leaving the castle.

"I'll be prepared for when you come back!" he exclaimed while she waved at him from afar.

Her guards were already on their horses waiting for further orders.

"It's been a while since I last saw you all gathered up." she smiled, looking at them. "Thank you for your service and loyalty."

"Of course, your majesty." the guard in command bowed.

"So you're leaving huh."

"Aizawa?"

He wrapped his arms around her gently, her eyes widening in surprise at the sudden action before returning it gladly.

"Be careful kid. I'll be waiting for your return."

"I will."

Jumping onto her horse, she lead the way to Todoroki's castle where the rest of the guards were waiting.

"Good luck!" both him and Momo exclaimed when she passed by, waving at them while Todoroki's guards joined hers from behind.

After arriving at the abandoned outskirts, (y/n)'s eyes met with none other than Monoma's. He smiled while approaching her, getting amused by her serious face.

She hopped off her horse and stood in front of him, their faces being inches away from touching.

"You're beautiful." he smiled while she felt like puking.

She took slow steps backwards, him doing the same, and after a loud clap the battle started. The sounds of armor and swords clashing filled the area while (y/n) and Monoma walked further away.

"We could still stop this, you know." he whispered. "Only if you accept my proposal."

"I'd rather die."

"Careful what you wish for."

Her sudden attack took him by surprise but he managed to draw his sword right in time. How disappointing was it. That he thought so little of her. Their swords clashed and the loud sound made Monoma flinch.

"Not so tough huh." murmured (y/n), pushing him backwards.

It was noticeable that Monoma wasn't the best fighter, and that's what made (y/n) worry. He surely had a backup plan. But she couldn't figure out what.

She got distracted for a split second, but that split second was all he needed. His sword made contact with her shoulder, cutting it enough for blood to come out.

"Seems like you're bleeding already, (y/n)."

Her eyes filled with anger as she gripped her shoulder in attempt of trying to stop the bleeding as much as she could, whereas Monoma took some steps back while trying to catch his breath.

...

"Bakugou? Why are you here?."

"Mister Aizawa? Where is (y/n)?" he asked while hopping off his horse.

Aizawa's eyes widened in surprise when he heard Bakugou's question.

"She didn't tell you huh.."

He was having a hard time understanding until Aizawa finally spilled things out. Bakugou felt his heart drop to his stomach as soon as he heard the words Aizawa spoke.

"Where did she keep my sword?"

"In her chamber."

Within seconds, Bakugou rushed into her room, got the sword and then headed to his village to gather his friends for further help.

"Good luck, my boy."