Chapter 12

"Prince Shoto," she said while trying to catch her breath. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry for the sudden rush (y/n), but I need you to do a favor for me."

(y/n) stared at him confused while waiting for him to finally speak up.

"You see, I haven't told my father about the whole proposal and rejection thing. He still thinks that us two are up to something. So I need you to join us for some lunch today."

"O-Oh, sure."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." she simply replied.

"I owe you." he bowed "I'll wait for you to get ready."

(y/n) rushed to her chamber and put on a simple, yet elegant dress that reached her feet, satin gloves that reached her elbows and lastly, her crown. Putting on some more makeup and brushing her hair, she headed to Todoroki's carriage so that they finally made their way to the castle.

She wrote a letter to Bakugou before leaving and handed it to the guard, who was protecting the entrance of the hallway that lead to her chamber, knowing that he would go looking for her at some point.

And she was right. Some minutes after not getting a word from her he walked to her chamber only to get stopped by the said guard.

"What the-"

"The Princess told me to give you this letter."

Bakugou took the letter and turned his back to the guard while he tore up the envelope.

'Something important occurred and I need to head to Prince Shoto's castle, meaning that you have the day off. Feel free to do whatever you want but don't cause any trouble! I'll be back soon,

her highness, Princess (y/n) (l/n).'

...

"Was it necessary for you to take your sword with you?" asked Todoroki while leading her to the dinning hall.

"Of course! My guard isn't here so I need to protect myself if something happens."

Todoroki sighed and smiled at her, but they both froze when they saw the King standing in front of them with his arms crossed.

"You sure are late."

"My apologies, your majesty." bowed (y/n) before entering the dinning hall after him.

This is going to be a pain in the ass..

After eating for a bit in complete silence, the King decided to speak up.

"Are you enjoying your food?" he asked, his voice startling (y/n) so much that she almost dropped her spoon.

"I am, thank you."

"You're welcome."

She wanted to laugh at how serious he sounded in everything he said, but she knew that it would be rude so she refrained from doing so.

"Has Shoto asked your hand in marriage yet?"

She choked on her wine and a servant stood quickly by her side, filling up a glass of water for her.

"I apologize." she coughed, covering her mouth.

"It's okay (y/n). Father, could you at least try to be a little less blunt?"

"My question was direct and simple. And I want an answer."

She glanced at Todoroki, clearly noticing that he was as stressed about the situation as her. She took a deep breath and fixed her posture before finally replying.