Chapter 31

Some hours had passed already and many guards had gotten killed. To (y/n)'s advantage, most of them were Monoma's. But she couldn't help but feel guilty eitherway.

Small droplets of rain fell and grey clouds took over the sky, making the atmosphere even more depressing than it already was.

(y/n) kept fighting and fighting with Monoma, none of them would give up. None of them accepted loss. However, it was like a fight between an angel and a demon. Their conflict cost other people's lives. They both had their own reasons to win the battle, although one's reasons were out of pure selfishness.

"(y/n)!"

Her eyes widened when they landed on Bakugou, his friends following from behind.

"Don't come near! This is a battle between me and him, nobody is to interfere!"

He nodded and started attacking Monoma's guards. (y/n) was amazed by how skilled he and his friends were. It was expected, they were assassins. But eitherway, she still didn't have a good feeling about it, hence why she didn't let him know from the start.

Monoma grunted in anger and pushed her with all of his remaining strength, making her stumble back and trip. Her sword fell from her grip but before he striked, she rolled on her side and stood up, kicking him right in the face.

She took the opportunity to grab her sword again while he was busy clenching his jaw and now bleeding nose.

"I despise you!" he shouted, (y/n) freezing in place. "You are the reason why my family thought I was useless! Princess (y/n), who was too scared to talk to people, now being a ruler!"

"Shut up.."

"Your parents killed mine! They were just a bunch of ruthless people who didn't deserve their wealth and power! And that's also what you are. A scum just like them!"

"Shut up!"

She slapped him hard across the face, taking him by surprise.

"You think I agree with what they did? All I ever wanted ever since they passed away was to become a greater ruler! A fair and honest one! I never cared about money and popularity, Neito!"

"Don't call me by my first name.." he whispered, drying the tears off his blood and dirt-stained face.

"All I ever wanted was to find someone who would stay by my side no matter what, and when I found him you ruined everything! But right now, I'm going to put an end to this conflict. Nobody is going to suffer anymore because of your selfish desires."

He fell down to his knees while the rain got heavier and heavier and gripped the dirt with his fingertips.

"I'm not so sure about that, your majesty." he chuckled. "You took what I longed for ever since my useless parents died.. power! Even with the money I took from you, you still prevented me from moving forward with my plans. I stayed up all night making new ones and new ones, until I came up with the perfect one. But of course, I should've known better than to expect an agreement from you when I proposed."

"You creep." she cringed, wiping her forehead. "We ended up like this for what.."

Her eyes fell on Bakugou who was ready to run towards her and a tired smile formed on her lips. They were finally going to be together. They were finally going to return back to the castle hand in hand and forget about everything that had happened.

Monoma's relaxed face turned into one of hatred as soon as his eyes fell on her smiling face.

"I won. I have you down, surrendered."

"Did you, really?"

Her eyes narrowed in confusion, but as soon as she followed his gaze, she felt her heart drop to her stomach.

"Oi (y/n)!"

"Katsuki..?"

"NOW!"

Suddenly, a long, sharp arrow made its way through Bakugou's lower stomach, making him stop right before he took another step. He fell to his knees and then on his side, a pool of blood surrounding him within seconds.

(y/n)'s eyes widened when she released one last, cold breath. Monoma laughed hysterically, throwing small pieces of dirt on her feet while staring at her heartbroken eyes.

"Katsuki!?" she shouted, her voice breaking.

"He isn't going to wake up! He is dead (y/n)!"

His friends rushed to his side, shouting at eachother in complete fear and anguish. Everything around (y/n) started to become blurry, even the sounds of the swords and the voices of everyone became muffled.

"That's what you get. I suffer, you suffer with me-"

Monoma stopped talking mid sentence after feeling (y/n)'s fine sword pass inside his left chest. She pushed it further and further, until he released his last breath.

"Halt.." she whispered, her lips trembling, but of course, nobody heard her. "HALT!"

Her loud voice drew everyone's attention. It echoed and echoed.. that's how loud she shouted. That's how heartbroken she was.

"This battle is over. I win!"

She pushed Monoma's body back with her boot so that she drew out her sword more easily, and then kicked it down the small hill that both of them were previously situated on, so that everybody saw that it was indeed, her win.

She then rushed to Bakugou, falling onto her knees as soon as she reached him. Tears fell down her eyes. Tears that were visible even with all that rain. She took his body in her arms and placed her hand around his head for further support.

"Can you hear me?" she asked. "Can you answer me, please!"

She kept talking to him, struggling to speak louder due to her voice breaking whenever she opened her mouth.

"You're going to break that stupid Princess code of yours, don't cry." he grunted, a pained smile forming on his lips as he cupped her cheek.

"I don't care!" she shouted, trying to lift him up but his grunts only made her worry about him more. In the end she gave up. Her body was exhausted from hours upon hours of fighting. "Is this goodbye?" she asked, resting her forehead on his in complete defeat.

"Do you want it to be?"

"Of course not!"

She gasped when she felt his hand slip away from her face. Seconds before it hit the ground, she caught it and placed it back on her cheek, burying her face further in it in complete panic.

"Come on now Katsuki!" she shouted, but got no response. "Stay with me.. please..!" her voice broke.

When he released his one last breath, the cold air gave it away by the faint smoke that came out of his mouth.

And with that, screams filled the area. Her screams. Her love died in her arms.