Chapter 7

After waking up the next day (y/n) found herself coughing violently and covered her mouth after feeling nauseous all of a sudden. The healer was by her side within seconds and gave her a glass of water along with a painkiller.

"Please tell me that I haven't been passed out for more than a whole day."

"I'm afraid you have, your highness."

She sighed and got out of bed after assuring the healer that she was doing completely fine. As soon as she opened the door, her eyes landed on Bakugou's. A faint smile appeared on her lips and she crossed her arms.

"You stayed here the whole time?"

"I am your royal guard after all."

She rolled her eyes at him and brushed her fingers through her hair, trying to get rid of any imperfections. She realized that the healer's wife had changed her formal attire to a long sleeping gown and sighed.

"I apologize for my appearance."

"Why?" asked Bakugou, following her to her chamber.

"This isn't a proper way for a Princess to be seen."

"I don't care." he scoffed before she closed the door right at his face. "Right, I can't enter." he murmured while scratching his nose.

The Princess took a hot shower first and then changed to her usual attire, her bright crown sitting proudly on her head.

"I was asked to inform you that your mentor is going to come today." he said, resting his weight on the large, wooden doors.

"I'm too tired for this.." she grunted, Bakugou gripping the doorframe so that he wouldn't fall from the door opening so suddenly.

They walked to the mess hall, where her mentor was already waiting for her. He used to visit her ever since she was little. He was, in a way, giving her the attention she craved from her parents for years now.

"Hello, Aizawa."

"You're late, but I'm not going to complain, Princess (y/n)."

"You already did." she sighed, sitting properly across him at the glass table. "What would you like?"

"For you to introduce me to this young man."

"Oh, my apologies. Aizawa this is Bakugou, my new royal guard. Bakugou this is Aizawa, my mentor."

Bakugou bowed and Aizawa simply nodded his head.

"New? What happened to Iida?"

"He was assassinated."

"What? By who?"

"Bakugou.."

Aizawa's eye twitched and he tried to calm himself down by gripping the glass table, although it seemed like it was going to break by how violently it was shaking. Had he reached his limit? Was he that tired of (y/n)'s actions?

"What's wrong with you! Why are you angry at me?!"

"You're asking me? You befriend an assassin, keep declining marriage proposals, almost get murdered, your people are still sceptical about the fact that you have this guy wander around the castle and-"

"Okay okay I get it!"

"What's on your mind, (y/n)?"

"Nothing to be honest. I have my mind set on one thing. The coronation day. It needs to be perfect. As soon as I get the Queen's title, the first thing I'm going to do is change my parent's damn rules. I'll also start providing the poor with supplies for the winter and.." she paused for a second, the sparks in her eyes getting replaced by a grey fog. "I can't continue further if people keep betraying me.."

"Don't lower your head, (y/n). The power you hold is far greater than the one of those who betrayed you. What you need to focus on right now is gaining your people's trust. And finding a husband."

A visible scowl appeared on her face and she stood up from her chair, making her way to her luxury throne.

"Oh come on now, Aizawa! We've talked about this multiple times!"

"Your duties as Queen will increase (y/n)! You will be doing more than just signing paperwork!"

"I am aware! I'm also capable of doing things on my own! I don't need a husband. I don't have time for.. love." she murmured, taking her crown in her hands and looking at it sadly.

"You're going to drive me insane. You never listen to what I have to say."

"I do listen whenever you say things that don't involve my personal life and feelings!"

A knock on the door drew the Princess's attention and she allowed the person to enter while resting her chin on the back of her hand.

"An invitation, your highness, to Prince Todoroki's ball."

"What?! When!"

"Tomorrow, late afternoon."

"Dismissed." she sighed, signaling Bakugou to grab the invitation for her. She opened it and read Todoroki's beautiful hand writing, a faint smile forming on her lips.

"And you're sure that you're going to decline a possible marriage proposal from him?" teased Aizawa, (y/n)'s cheeks turning red.

"If you're done Aizawa, I have some important things to do so I can't waste any more time."

"So it finally arrived huh, the day where I would be a waste of your time." he murmured, purposely acting hurt while re-wrapping his scarf around his neck.

"O-Of course not! I apologize!" she exclaimed, standing up from her throne.

Aizawa smiled and gave her a small headpat.

"I know, your highness."

He nodded at Bakugou before leaving the mess hall.

"He seems.. nice."

"He is. He just gets annoying sometimes. I wouldn't change him for the world though." she sighed, sitting back on her throne.

A faint smile appeared on Bakugou's lips as soon as he realized that his initial thoughts of the Princess were completely wrong. Who knew that royalty didn't only care about money and status.

"We will head to the market today. I need to pick up some stuff for my garden and I don't want to bother the servants with any more work. Plus, it will be a good opportunity for me to interact with my people." she said, her voice full of hope. "We'll need to persuade the stable man in giving you a horse though. Or else you'll be walking next to mine."

"This is getting so annoying." he complained.

"Well, you better get used to it. Not many people like you." she bluntly stated.

"Can't we just share- "

"Don't be ridiculous! A member of the royal family can't share a horse unless it's very important!"

He sighed and thought to himself that she was in fact right. He wasn't going for a horse ride with his friends. This was a more important matter.

"Well, are you ready?" asked (y/n) while adjusting her crown on her head.

"Let's go."