After Story (4/5)

Shigaraki got imprisoned for murder, planting illegal flowers, but most importantly, attacking the Queen.

People got pleased by the news, but they were still worried for her majesty who had yet to wake up.

The bright morning of the following day was.. well.. eventful for Bakugou. He had just finished his training when Aizawa dragged him inside the castle to teach him how to properly sign paperwork. Plus how contracts worked and what each sealing wax meant. Plenty of other stuff that he couldn't easily comprehend.

His brain was basically fried so he decided to take a break. The healer was out shopping for medicinal products with his wife so Bakugou took the opportunity to stay by (y/n)'s side.

He enjoyed taking care of her. Changing her bandages, wiping the sweat off her forehead. Nobody took care of him like that when he was little. He had nobody but himself.

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt her hand move under his.

"Katsuki?" she softly spoke.

"(y/n).." he sighed, feeling his body become lighter from the relief.

A tired smile formed on her lips as she tried to push herself off the bed. Her arms failed her however so her head hit the pillow once again.

"Take it easy now." he said, helping her rest her back on the bedframe.

"How are you?" she asked, cupping his face with her one hand while wiping his tears with her thumb. "I got worried when you left so suddenly. I was going to come to your village but, as you can see, I got attacked." she chuckled, running her other hand over her wound.

His heart broke. She had gone through so much and yet she was still worried about him. He shouldn't have left her.

He is her priority, and his is her.

"I'm doing fine." he said, kneeling next to her while rubbing her wounded abdomen tenderly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. I'm at fault as well. I should've expected that the reactions wouldn't be as pleasant." she smiled, cupping his cheek.

He took a hold of her hand and kissed it softly. Her touch was the only thing that could put his heart at ease.

After telling her everything that had happened, they both laughed and joked around some more before the healer entered the room.

"Your majesty! You're awake!" he exclaimed, throwing his bag on the side and rushing to her aid. "How are you feeling?"

"Pretty good actually. My abdomen feels sore but that's okay."

"Can you walk?" he asked.

Bakugou took a hold of her hands and helped her get off the bed. After taking a few steps forward her body eventually failed her so Bakugou wrapped his arms around her and layed her down yet again.

Her face fell from the disappointment.

"It's okay my dear. It's nothing to worry about. Your body is just trying to adjust."

"Yes but I have duties to fulfill! A-And a ball to plan!"

"I can help with that." Bakugou said, her eyes meeting his.

And with a warm smile she finally replied,

"Surprise me."

...

Two days after, Bakugou had managed to fulfill all of (y/n)'s duties around the castle, and outside, the only thing left being the ball preparations.

"So what do I have to do now? Talk with that chubby cheeks girl about the decoration?"

"Not only that. You also have to do wine testing, pick your preferred menu for the buffet, have people take your measurements for a suit. Which reminds me, you have to help design (y/n)'s gown as well."

"What? Aren't there planners for all that? Why do I have to do all those things?"

Aizawa sighed.

"Just sending some people to pick things out for you will not- you know what? Just do as I say."

Bakugou rolled his eyes and followed Aizawa to the grand hall. Aizawa asked for the royal messenger and when he also entered the room, he gave him a list of people he should send invitations to.

"First step done."

Then right on time, the servants brought in a large table that had all sorts of wines on it.

"You don't get drunk easily, do you?"

"Of course not." Bakugou scoffed.

...

Bakugou had finally picked two wines that stood out to him the most. He also picked a random menu and then, kindly, asked for the servants to leave the room.

"My head is killing me." he grunted, rubbing his tired eyes with the back of his hand. "How does (y/n) do all this?"

"Let's just say, years of practice."

Aizawa wrapped Bakugou's arm around his shoulders and helped him walk to his room.

"I'm fine."

"You're tired and also pretty much drunk."

"I'm not drunk." he protested. "I just hadn't eaten all day and it kinda hit me."

Aizawa opened the door for him and helped him lay in bed.

"I'll ask for a maid to bring you a glass of water. Try and get some rest okay?" he covered the young boy with a blanket. "If you need anything you know where my room is."

Bakugou nodded and finally rested his head on the pillow.

Is this how it's like to have a father? he thought.

He bit his lip and prevented any tears from escaping.

It feels nice.