Chapter 23

So what are these Princess codes? Were they made by them throughout the years? No. (y/n)'s parents would always tell her stuff she should avoid doing in front of other people.

Sometimes the codes would be basic stuff such as never share family secrets. Never let your guard down. However, sometimes they would also be rules that if she didn't follow, there would be punishment.

'Don't open up to people (y/n). They will use your weak spots for their own good.'

'Don't cry. You are going to claim the throne one day, you don't want people thinking that you are some helpless little girl.'

(y/n) would often think, did she really have to follow those rules? Of course, her parents knew better right? They were older and wiser. But as she grew up, she only met people who took advantage of her kind heart.

After her parent's death, she felt the need to change. She wanted to be stronger, more independent. A powerful ruler. And of course, she was. But as every other person, she still had her weaknesses and soft spots.

"Your highness." bowed the servant, handing her a small glass of wine.

She kept tasting the different flavors of each wine. The wine, which of course, had been tested prior by other people just to make sure that the Princess wouldn't get poisoned.

"This one is excellent." she pointed, her eyes still being slightly red from trying to lock up her emotions earlier.

Hours and hours went by of (y/n) and her servants fulfilling their duties around the castle. Sounds of swords, giggles, boots, cutlery and hooves echoing through the castle's walls.

The sky was slowly getting darker. (y/n) and Bakugou were on the grand balcony, where no one would interrupt them.

Below the singing moon, they were dancing and laughing, enjoying eachother's company. The company that they needed most in their lives. She fell into his arms and sighed, her soft smile fading slightly.

"My duties as Queen will only increase daily. I'm afraid we won't have enough time for eachother."

"How about I put small notes under your door for you to read when you feel lonely."

"I'd like that." she smiled, leading him to her room after having dismissed all of the guards that were close to it.

They started chasing eachother around the room, taking off their clothes while laughing and gasping whenever they were close to tripping. Laying down on her bed, he traced his fingers on her soft skin and felt her small shivers under his touch.

He kissed her cheek softly while she wrapped her arms around his back, connecting their bodies together as soft breaths escaped her mouth.

Words couldn't even explain how much he adored her. He never thought that he would fall for someone that much. Let alone the person who he swore to hate.

And of course, she never thought she'd find someone whom she cared for and trusted. Some would say that destiny brought them together, but maybe it was just a mere coincidence.

She found happiness in her life, someone who liked her for who she was. Someone who didn't go after her wealth or status. Someone who introduced her to a world full of colors and excitement. A world where she wouldn't only be signing paperwork and doing duties while being trapped inside some walls. A world that had him in it.

He found someone that never looked down on him. Someone who never pointed at his blood-stained hands. Someone who never mentioned his past actions. Someone who appreciated his little frauds. A person that made him feel happy about who he is. A person that gave him a true purpose in life.

And there they were, laying next to each other after having finished expressing their lust in their own special way. There was a soft, strange type of feeling. They had given eachother's lonely hearts some company.

They saw their reflection in eachother's eyes. The people who they used to be, the people who they turned out to be. And it felt so nice to be in eachother's arms. To laugh about the people they were before.

Unfortunately, (y/n) had to wake up early tomorrow so that she got ready for her coronation, so Bakugou decided to let her rest for the night in the comfort of her own room.

"I'll see you in the grand hall." she smiled.

"I'll be waiting."

...

He entered his room and rested his back on the closed door, placing his hand on top of his chest so that he felt his rapid heartbeat.

Am I that crazy for her? he thought.

He sat down on his bed and sighed, smiling to himself.

Everyone back home is going to make fun of me when they find out.

His smile soon dropped when his eyes landed on the envelope that had the black seal on it. He didn't really know what a black-colored sealing wax indicated, but he was about to find out anyways.

He kept reading and reading, his heart breaking with each word. He shook his head, shut his eyes, trying to comprehend everything that had happened from the moment he stepped foot inside the castle 'till now.

Tears fell down his eyes and he gripped his bedsheets, trying to keep himself from shouting out of anger and anguish.

Of course evil would spread like a fever.