Chapter 28

After she woke up the next morning, (y/n) said her goodbyes to the villagers and before she hopped on her horse, Bakugou approached her slowly.

"Is this goodbye?" she asked.

"Do you want it to be?"

"Of course not." she replied, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

He wrapped his around her waist and they both stayed in eachother's warm embrace for a moment longer.

"Then it's not going to be. I'll fix things for us." he whispered in her ear.

She tilted her head up so that their eyes met, and put her lips on his, him deepening the kiss that they both oh-so longed for. He brushed his thumbs on her cheeks while she put her hands on his, resting her head in them.

"I have to go."

He nodded and let go of her, even though he hated the fact that they had to get separated again. After one last wave, she finally made her way to the castle.

Her heart felt more at ease now that she got an answer. Actually, it wasn't really an answer, more like a hint. Did he want her to figure out things on her own? Or was he threatened not to tell her. One thing was for sure, that everything was going to be revealed soon.

When she arrived outside her castle, two guards approached her. One took her horse to the stables and the other one escorted her to her chamber. After a couple of minutes, some of her maids entered the chamber and let trays of fruits and tea for her to enjoy as soon as she was finished with her hot bath.

Heading to her throne an hour later, she saw none other than Aizawa sitting on a comfortable chair next to the glass table, reading a newspaper while waiting for (y/n) to come.

"You really like that spot huh." she joked, his eyes flashing towards her in slight amusement.

"Care to join me? What a fine day it is."

"Indeed." she smiled after adjusting her crown.

She sat across him and crossed her legs, resting her chin on the top of her palm gently.

"Anything exciting happened?"

"Why are you asking?"

"I noticed that you're in a good mood, hence why." he replied, taking a sip from his cup of tea. "Your visit went well I presume?"

"Surprisingly yes. I thought I'd end up killing him but my emotions got the best of me once again." she smirked while rolling her eyes.

Aizawa sighed and rested the newspaper on the side of the table, shaking his head due to having already guessed that something like that would happen.

"Remember the first time we met? You were petrified of me."

(y/n) laughed and nodded her head, the old memories running through her mind.

"What child wouldn't be scared of you, Aizawa? You had an expressionless face most of the time and that scarf covered half of it making you look even more-"

"Yeah yeah I get it." he murmured while crossing his arms, (y/n) covering her mouth from trying to hold back her laughter.

Whilst continuing their little conversation, a servant entered the hall.

"I apologize for interrupting, your majesty. I wanted to inform you that you have a visitor."

"Right now?" she asked. "I thought that my schedule was clear today."

"I'm afraid that he came uninvited."

"So it's a guy." spoke Aizawa after finishing his cup of tea.

"He shall enter." (y/n) ordered, shaking her hand as if wanting to be left alone already.

The sound of heavy boots echoing through the halls made (y/n) turn her gaze towards the door, being genuinely curious of who it could actually be.

"Greetings, your majesty." he bowed, his evil smirk never fading from his pale face.

(y/n) stood up from her seat and drew out her sword, clicking her fingers for the guards that were protecting the hall's entrance to enter the room immediately.

"I told you not to come here, Monoma. How dare you set foot in my castle!"

"Well, isn't this a rude way to welcome a Prince? I see.. the Queen's title made you believe that you are above us all."

"That's because she is." spoke Aizawa after getting up from his chair, also to try and stand next to (y/n) in a protective manner.

"What do you want now?"

"I would prefer we were in a more private place but.. this works too."

Her eyes widened when she saw him get down to one knee.

"My dear (y/n). I wish for you to put our past behind and to accept my hand. I'm formally asking you, will you marry me?"

Aizawa watched him in disbelief. (y/n) didn't even say a word. The complete silence that filled the room was as sharp as a knife. However, that silence soon got replaced by (y/n)'s loud laughter.

"Is this some kind of joke?" she asked, Monoma's eyes widening. "Stand up you scum. You're making my floor dirty."

"What?" he scoffed, still not being able to believe the fact that he was being humiliated.

"First you harass me and my people, putting all of our lives in danger multiple times! And when we finally came to an agreement after I gave you the money you desperately wanted, you have the audacity to come here and ask my hand in marriage?!" she questioned, her voice getting louder by each sentence.

He was still kneeling down, his eyes glued to the ground while he tried to comprehend what was happening.

"And not only that, but you attacked a whole village because you wanted to expand your pitiful kingdom? Did you ever think of the consequences?"

"I-"

"So that's what you're doing. That's your job as a Prince? Harassing innocent lives? I despise you, Monoma. You remind me of my parents. And to finally answer your question, no. I do not accept. Now get out."

As she was about to take a step back to sit on her throne, Monoma's sudden laughter made her freeze in place.

"How dare you.."