Chapter 18

"You don't get it, do you?" she scoffed, gripping the balcony's railings even harder. "I only imagined building a life with someone by my side, having more friends. However, I only met people who ended up going after my wealth, status. Shoto shared the same wealth and status as I so I thought that he would never look at me like that. But I guess I'm not good enough for him either."

Bakugou stared at her with his mouth half open, not really knowing how to reply.

"I grew up alone, trapped inside these walls. My eyes only sparked when I daydreamed about a happier life. About a life where I would be surrounded by people who wouldn't treat me nicely just to take advantage of me and then leave or just because they have to. I couldn't care less about whether Shoto likes me or not. Heck, I'm happy that he found Momo!" she exclaimed. "But now that they found each other, I'm afraid that they will leave me too.."

"You have people that treat you as a normal person and not just as royalty. People who think that you are more than enough for them, or rather, perfect. People who wished they could be good enough for you but just aren't.." he spoke up, (y/n)'s eyes widening while staring at her trembling hands. "People who would stay by your side not because you told them to, but because they want to. You just have to leave that daydream of yours and let your eyes spark at the things that are in front of you instead."

He looked at her, a small smile forming on his lips and opened his hand, (y/n) putting hers on top of it. Only then did they both realize how perfectly their hands fit together.

"Let's get you warmed up. Can't let you get sick one week before your coronation day."

A sad smile formed on her lips and she nodded, letting him lead her to her chamber. As soon as they reached the corridor that lead to her said chamber, two maids approached (y/n) and took off her cloak, wrapping a heavy blanket around her shoulders instead.

"Come on, your highness."

Bakugou waved at her and walked down the beautifully decorated corridors, slowly but surely, making his way to his small room. She tried to reach for him but the maids forced her into the chamber, telling her that she would get sick if she stayed even a second longer inside her soaked clothes.

"Take that cloak with you."

After about an hour, (y/n) was finally tucked in bed, the sound of the rain being a background noise as her mind drifted to different places. She glanced at the cloak that was laying on her large, wooden desk and after thinking to herself for a while she finally stood up and took it in her hands.

The maids had managed to dry it by putting it near the kitchen's stove that was warm enough from all day's work and brought it back to her after making sure that she was completely alright.

She opened her wardrobe and after searching for a bit, she found a small hand-crafted box that contained multiple needles and threads that she had collected from her seamstresses throughout the years.

She sat on her desk and grabbed the cloak, starting to sew the small holes that had appeared on it. Bakugou wasn't really someone who cared about clothing, but he really liked that cloak and (y/n) never really asked him why. What she needed to ask him though was if he wanted it to be sewn but she just shrugged it off and did it anyways.

Ever since she was little, she would always watch her seamstress work on her clothes when she was around the castle and not on her personal work space, but whenever (y/n) asked to be taught how to hand sew herself the seamstress always told her that she wasn't allowed to do so.

However, she noticed that (y/n) was more than interested about it so she would purposely 'forget' some stuff behind for the little Princess to collect. Then, whenever she'd get back to the castle she would allow (y/n) to sit close to her and watch every single move she made, with the only difference being that she would sew a lot slower than before so that little (y/n) would understand a lot better.

(y/n) smiled to herself after thinking about those memories, but even after plenty of practice she still managed to poke herself accidentally, leaving small gasps each time while gently sucking on her fingers.

Should I listen to some music? she thought while getting up from the desk and tiptoeing her way to her gramophone. Maybe not now, it's too late and I'll disturb the sleeping servants and guards.

She brushed her fingers on top of the gramophone and closed her eyes, humming one of her favorite songs while dancing around the room for some seconds.

Perhaps I should sew something on the cloak, a message. 'Long live the Queen'. she chuckled to herself while sitting on her desk once again. My initials? A word?

She stared at the cloak for some time before sighing and wrapping it around her chair, slowly walking to her bed not long after. She wrapped her arms around one of her soft pillows and buried her face in it.

I can't fall for him. I'm not allowed to.

...

The next day she woke up to some guards shouting and running around the castle. She got out of her bed quickly and got dressed, lazily tying her below the knee boots before running outside the room.

"What happened?" she asked one of the guards that were following behind her as soon as she walked down the corridor.

He put his arm in front of her and stopped her from taking another step, earning an angry side glance afterwards.

"I'm sorry, your highness. I'm afraid I'll have to stop you from leaving this corridor. You see, there was a guy claiming to be a visitor and he wouldn't listen to the servants who told him to wait for your approval, so he stabbed them and ran inside the castle."

(y/n)'s eyes widened and she instantly took out her sword, gripping it hard in her one hand.

"Where is Bakugou?"

"He went after him, your highness."

That idiot!

"Leave my side and head towards where you last saw him."

"I can't-"

"I didn't ask you, I ordered you." she interrupted, not a single word coming from his mouth again.

She kept running and running, but nothing caught her eye. She decided to lean her back on one of the castle's walls and try to catch her breath, only for the man to take that as an advantage and appear before her eyes.

She cursed at herself mentally. Of course he followed her and waited for the second she would let down her guard!

"May I ask what's so important to talk about that lead you into stabbing two of my servants?"

"What are you gonna do? Hang me?"

"With pleasure." she replied, her sword not lowering one inch.

"I knew you were a bitch."

She kicked him on the stomach and ran away, only for him to follow after her as soon as he stopped stumbling backwards. To her disadvantage, one of her boot's laces got untied and she ended up tripping, her sword leaving her hand and sliding further away from her reach.

"This is what you get for stealing from his highness, Prince Monoma."

Her eyes widened when she saw him lift up his knife, and seconds before it reached her, Bakugou kneeled down in front of her and took a hold of his wrist, however, the knife had already managed to enter his shoulder.

Two guards got a hold of the man and dragged him to the cellars whereas (y/n) took a hold of Bakugou's head and placed it gently on her lap. Her shaking hand reached for the knife that was still attached to his skin but he slapped it away, his eyes still closed.

"I'll only bleed out more if you take it out."

"I-I'm sorry.." she whispered, her voice trembling at the sight.

"Why? You're surprised that our blood is the same?" he chuckled.

And the only thing he heard before losing consciousness was her pleading for some help.